My Prediction On When a New Series May Come About

Wondrous_Spaceship

Report this Oct. 23 2012, 3:16 pm

With Star Trek into Darkness swinging into theaters next year, I was thinking long and hard when a new series would come about, with J.J. trying to revitalize the franchise with the Alternate Universe Star Trek there has to be a potential strong following in the future, a bright future where new and the old fans combine and celebrate what Star Trek is all about.

I believe when J.J. is finished with the Alternate Universe Trilogy, it would make sense if they expand the franchise even further by creating a new series, and maybe release Michael Dorn's Captain Worf Spin-Off Series.

I believe Paramount will only continue series of the film succeed and satisfy the hardcore Trekkers and also reel in new fans as well. Science Fiction is now being over-floored with too much action, as it has forgotten the roots of what Science Fiction is all about.. A good story with a lot of talky moments, and trying to figure out and solve problems, Not with guns and Cyber Tanks trying to blow up worlds. The Universe of Star Trek made it so imaginative and real. When I watched each episode, I felt as if I was actually with the Crew of U.S.S. Enterprise, each character trying to surpass their own strength and weakness, giving us new light on what being a human is all about. I want the upcoming television series to be exactly that! But, of course I want it to have a new theme, maybe explore the Starfleet Academy?

But for a new Star Trek series revolving around on Starfleet Academy students? That's a huge risk! Especially when we haven't had a new series nearly a decade ago! Well, I got a solution to that. The Starfleet Academy series should be the pivotal point for the actual series, by making Starfleet Academy into a webseries! I believe make a ton of characters, just the right amount to explore each own, what's their motivation in the Academy? What problems arises for each student? Will we see key characters from the old past series? It would be a very interesting take and I believe making it would probably be pretty cheap. When the series is broadcasted, it would be broadcasted live, a homeage to classic Star Trek TOS, it would be on weekly at a specific time, maybe have a little chat window to discuss with live Trekkers, really hype it up and get Sci-Fi fans blood pumping. The characters shown in this series greatly impact on what characters would actually show up in the television series. It would be a great way to save Paramount money (if you didn't know, big companies like Paramount are very frugal with their money, just so you know)

Look, I can get into details on the story but that's up to screenwriters to do that. simply put, We should explore a new theme such as the Academy, and those students who are showcased on it, will determine whether or not they will be in the new series. And the person funding it would be a huge fan themselves, and wealthy.. Create it and send it to paramount and maybe they would reconsider funding up a new Series, maybe not to talky, not to actiony, it would be a well-rounded television show. On top of that, if they accept the Captain Worf television series that's 2 shows already! We're already now back at the peak of Star Trek popularity and maybe this time around, pop culture will accept the fans as a regular thing amongst people and not be ashamed for who we are. Look at video games! It has become now a mainstream entertainment now amongst millions of families! It's time for a new era of Star Trek! It will come in a matter of years but in order for this to all happen, we have to support J.J. we must give him faith in the movies, we got to applaud the man for reviving the franchise.

Broadstorm

Report this Oct. 23 2012, 4:06 pm

Wondrous_Spaceship

Report this Oct. 23 2012, 4:13 pm

Quote: Broadstorm @ Oct. 23 2012, 4:06 pm

>He was in 11 seasons, 4 more than anyone else, 4 movies, as many as the TNG cast, and feels his character hasn't been fully developed?  WTF?  The character is developed enough that we know he made it through the academy of a peaceful organization without being able to respond to anything without jumping right to shields and/or weapons.  His character is developed enough that we know he would attack his superiors.  The character is also developed enough to know that his "loyalties" are severely divided between StarFleet & the empire.  How many times will he walk away from his post to deal with some Klingon crap necessitating his first officer to keep the big chair warm for him for when he returns?

You know, I forgot to mention about that too. He's appeared in enough shows already that we don't need anymore Worf. I smell financial troubles from Michael Dorn. To think of it now, I really don't care about Worf. A small cameo from any Star Trek characters in any Star Trek series is always fun to see.

What I would like to see from Worf is that he creates a new Klingon religion. Something that separates from the Violent, Warrior type from Worf's peaceful Warrior stance.

Anomalous Readings

Report this Oct. 23 2012, 5:18 pm

Infinite Diversity in Infinite Combinations.

Vger23

Report this Oct. 23 2012, 7:14 pm

Quote: Anomalous Readings @ Oct. 23 2012, 5:18 pm

>A JJ Abrams series would be too expensive to produce. This is why I stick by the firm belief that if they make a new series, it will be in our universe again.

That makes no sense whatsoever. Why does something like "what universe it is set in" have anything do do with cost?

I AM KEE-ROCK!!

Vger23

Report this Oct. 23 2012, 7:18 pm

As far as my prediction goes...

OtakuJo

Report this Oct. 23 2012, 8:36 pm

hmm... Okay I think after the most recent movie series has run its course, and with the building of a new fanbase and possibly renewed interest in Star Trek from the general public and TV producers, if there is going to be a new series, that is when it will most likely be. I don't see it happening any time before JJ Abrams puts out a third movie, and I don't see it happening in the JJ-verse. Nothing to do with the cost (it would not cost more or less to have it happen in another universe) but rather because the movies' current AU really belongs almost entirely to that particular set of movies.

If forced to pick, I would guess a new series might come out sometime in the next ten years or so, but not earlier than 3-5 years from now. I'm afraid I can see a Worf spin-off series being about as successful as Joey was in the '90s.

Have you ever danced with a Tribble in the pale moonlight?

Trau

Report this Nov. 25 2012, 8:11 am

In general i agree that the Abams movies have got to go before any new series - they have poisoned the well for a lot of dedicated fans.
And yes, it will be no earlier than 5 to 8 years from now.
But it does come down to how to make it profitable again, computer technology has cut the profits of any progamming like it.

I am not as cynical about the Worf series - he would get his own command eventually, the real problem is in how to do it in a novel way that is inclusive to everyone.