Star Trek and Philosophy

bm359

Report this Oct. 11 2012, 10:44 am

Hello folks,

I thought I'd come here and put in a plug for a new podcast, Trekosophy, where we discuss the intersection of Star Trek and Philosophy. If you have any interest in participating, let us know. If you have any topics you'd like discussed, also let us know.

Hugues

Report this Oct. 11 2012, 10:52 pm

DS9 RULES!!!!!

miklamar

Report this Oct. 12 2012, 6:20 am

bm359, I think you have a good idea.  However, I do not have a good topic to suggest, at the moment.  I look forward to future discussion, though.

Mitchz95

Report this Oct. 14 2012, 9:27 pm

What kind of "philosophy"? Give us an example.

miklamar

Report this Oct. 15 2012, 9:16 am

Do you mean something like:  Would you rather serve on a small ship or a large ship or at a starbase?  Or, would you prefer to discsuss something like comparing the Klingon and the Cardassian or Romulan government styles?

CommanderDor

Report this Oct. 15 2012, 4:09 pm

The idea of the Vorta worshipping a God they can see as a superior faith than others who worship gods they cannot see seems like a good idea ro me.

Jolan Tru

miklamar

Report this Oct. 16 2012, 7:26 am

But, if you can see someone with your eyes, doesn't that make them seem a bit less superior than someone who is beyond seeing?  Flesh and blood seem weaker to me than a spiritual being.

bm359

Report this Oct. 17 2012, 1:52 pm

Oh, I've been foolish (Pakled); I forgot to include the link: http://trekosophy.com/