What would you say are the political views of all 5 captains?

Sora

Report this Oct. 10 2012, 5:14 pm

Archer, I'd say he'd definitely be a republican

Kirk, also Republican

Picard, Democrat all the way

Sisko, I could see Sisko being a moderate but leaning more towards the right

Janeway, I too see her as more of a moderate, but leaning more to the left.

What do you think?

Sora

Report this Oct. 11 2012, 8:29 am

Personally, i'm a Republican. The reason why I feel Picard is a democrat is because with the exception of the Borg, which he something personal with, I just felt like he could be overly niave at times.

Wanting peace so badly with every race, even if they wanted war. Sometimes I felt like he gave in too easily.

He's still an awesome captain. I don't have anything against him. Just my opinion.

One bit that does come to mind is in Season 4 in the episode The Drumhead, with the trials and Simon Tarsus who lies about his herritage to get into Starfleet, where he chooses to not answer a question as it will incriminate him.

And Picard tries to tell Worf that just because he won't answer doesn't make him guilty, and Worf tells him, if a man was not afraid of the truth he would answer. And I agree with Worf honestly.

Again I think Picard is awesome to watch, and love his speeches, but I prefer a captain stronger on not putting up with BS lol Like Kirk, Sisko, Archer, and sometimes Janeway.

But hey it lets Picard stand out, it let him do something different.

FleetAdmiral_BamBam

Report this Oct. 11 2012, 9:54 am

Why limit us to only Democrats or Republicans?  Hopefully by that time, parties will be written off like the cancer they are.

Sehlat123

Report this Oct. 11 2012, 3:21 pm

Archer seemed more of a democrat.

Kirk- republican

Picard seems to be in the middle

Sisko, sort of a moderate, I guess

Janeway, democrat.

Reboot kirk, however seems more like a occupy-wall-streeter than anything else.

"Borg. Sounds Swedish."

Sora

Report this Oct. 11 2012, 5:02 pm

Archer a democrat? Really?

What makes you say that?

Janeway as a democrat I can give you that one.

Archer seemed more conservative that any of the captains. At least to me.

Hugues

Report this Oct. 11 2012, 10:41 pm

Neither of the captains liked politics. So, to ask what their politic views are is pointless.

DS9 RULES!!!!!

Sora

Report this Oct. 12 2012, 8:30 pm

I wasn't asking what their views are, I was more so asking what party you'd place them in, based on their actions and behavior in their series?

VulcanKat

Report this Oct. 12 2012, 9:21 pm

Kirk seems like a liberal to me

VulcanKat

Report this Oct. 12 2012, 9:29 pm

Picard is more down to earth. He likes to follow rules and have everyone follow rules. He not a bad boy rule breaker like Kirk. He must be Republican.

CommanderDor

Report this Oct. 15 2012, 4:14 pm

They are all Democrats ... or at least the future version of Democratic.

But for fun ...

Archer = Libertarian.

Kirk = Anarchist

Picard = Socialist

Sisko = Republican

Janeway = Communist

My reasons are my own and just opinion anyways.

More people should read the new Trek-books; and I really like how the Romulans are progressing.

Jolan Tru

miklamar

Report this Oct. 16 2012, 7:24 am

I think Shatner and Picard would be Republicans, and the others would be Democrats.  I base this on whether they seem more "conservative" or more "liberal."

A.J.Dembroski

Report this Oct. 16 2012, 8:43 am

I'd go this way...

Picard- Progressive Liberal, borderline socialist, definite democrat voter.

Janaway- I unfortunately do not have enough experience with Voyager yet.

Sora

Report this Oct. 16 2012, 4:11 pm

Quote: A.J.Dembroski @ Oct. 16 2012, 8:43 am

>I think the use of political parties rather than political philosophies is a bit off. I have a good friend who swears up and down he's a libertarian, but seems to always back liberal fiscal policy and thus votes democrat.

>I'd go this way...

>Archer- Progressive for seasons 1 and 2, transitions to Libertarian through season 3. He'd vote Democrat early, Republican later.

>Kirk- Moderate with conservative tendencies, would vote based on candidate, likely majority toward Republicans.

>Picard- Progressive Liberal, borderline socialist, definite democrat voter.

>Janaway- I unfortunately do not have enough experience with Voyager yet.

>Cisco- Pragmatist, will vote for whoever is going to address the issues he cares about at the time. Political philosophy is secondary to addressing the issue at hand, perhaps even regardless of how.

I really like that analogy! That is really awesome! Thanks for posting that one. I haven't seen anyone look at it quite like that.

Live Long and Prosper

K_tigress

Report this Oct. 16 2012, 9:10 pm

The ultimate nerdgasim thread.   Politics and Trek.  LOL Ick at the politics not Trek.

He felt that his whole life was some kind of dream and he sometimes wondered whose it was and whether they were enjoying it. -Douglas Adams (1952-2001)

Sora

Report this Oct. 16 2012, 9:16 pm

Rotfl well Politics and Star Trek are my two favorite things, so yeah for me it definitely is.lol