What Episode of StarTrek The Original Series made you a TOS fan?

Don7899

Report this Oct. 07 2012, 12:09 pm

What Episode of StarTrek The Original Series made you a TO fan?

JK1701

Report this Oct. 12 2012, 6:47 am

Ahh, Kirk, my old friend. Do you know the Klingon proverb which tells us revenge is a dish that is best served cold? It's very cold....in space.

Anomalous Readings

Report this Oct. 12 2012, 7:20 pm

The City on the Edge of Forever or The Tholian Web.

Infinite Diversity in Infinite Combinations.

guillermo.mejía

Report this Oct. 13 2012, 6:34 am

I most fondly remember 'A Piece of the Action'

dif-torhehsmusma

Report this Oct. 14 2012, 5:02 pm

The movies got me started, but I really enjoyed "The Naked Time." It made me laugh!

Fleet Admiral Braxton

Report this Oct. 14 2012, 5:28 pm

Count my Vote For 'Amok Time'.

CloudMinder2

Report this Oct. 15 2012, 1:47 am

Quote: JK1701 @ Oct. 12 2012, 6:47 am

>I became a fan through the TOS movies, but the episode that really set me into the series was The Doomsday Machine. Great story, fantastic supporting cast (William Windom), and some good action. It's still one of my favorites of all time.

That was my instinctive thought too - i can't say it was definitely the first one I saw but without doubt it's the most immediate example that comes to mind of a compelling episode that really drew me in - for all the reasons you've cited here.

"There are always alternatives" Spock

gochicagobears

Report this Oct. 15 2012, 12:45 pm

I will admit it, the new movie made me a fan. But my dad always watched TNG, and so when they 2009 movie came out, I wanted to watch TOS to prep myself, and i got halfway through the mantrap, and didn't finish it until after I saw the movie. But I really liked the episode, even though it was a lil corny. I really got hooked after Charlie X and Dagger of the mind, but The Menagerie (Part I and II) got me INSANLY hooked  Now I'm the only one who really likes TOS, all my family and friends like TNG and DS9.

rawscoe

Report this Oct. 15 2012, 1:48 pm

"The Doomsday Machine"

"Arena" / "The Devil In The Dark" / "The Galileo Seven" / "The Tholian Web"

Also loved:

"Shore Leave" / "Amok Time" / "Space Seed"

"Treason, like beauty, is in the eye of the beholder"

JK1701

Report this Oct. 15 2012, 3:48 pm

Quote: rawscoe @ Oct. 15 2012, 1:48 pm

>There are several that stand out in my memory from childhood watching, but I would have to say the main one was:

>"The Doomsday Machine"

>I have several close runner-ups and it's funny looking back, several of my favorites are the ones that scared me as a kid:

>"Arena" / "The Devil In The Dark" / "The Galileo Seven" / "The Tholian Web"

>Also loved:

>"Shore Leave" / "Amok Time" / "Space Seed"

Every episode named is a favorite of mine.

Vger23

Report this Oct. 20 2012, 6:52 pm

I started watching when I was very young in the late 70s. They played the episodes in production order in syndication.

So, Where No Man Has Gone Before hooked me. I was mesmerized from day one.

CaptainKirkBlue

Report this Oct. 20 2012, 8:29 pm

Mirror, Mirror was the one that got me.

IamMrData

Report this Oct. 21 2012, 11:55 am

For me it was The Menagerie Parts 1 and 2. Both excellent episodes and watching those were when I really got into TOS

Live.Long.and.Prosper

Report this Oct. 22 2012, 5:31 pm

The Conscience of the King.  A story told in 1966 about the murder of half a planets population so the other can survive with the desicion made by one man is outstanding story telling and makes you take a hard look into the human condition.

I don't believe in the no-win scenario.

Zastrin

Report this Nov. 05 2012, 3:57 pm

A Piece of the Action ... 12 years ago when I was in the 8th grade, that one episode converted me into a Trekker for life!

Users browsing this forum: FleetAdmiral_BamBam