Star Trek Wedding

startrek1970

Report this Sep. 26 2012, 4:57 pm

Hi

I represent a theme wedding company. We will conducting a star trek wedding at the Star Trek Convention (http://www.startreklondon.com) on 19-21 Oct which will be entirely in Klingon.

All 5 captains will be at the convention and will be invited. (Five captains beaming down - William Shatner, Patrick Stewart, Avery Brooks, Kate Mulgrew and Scott Bakula!). This will be a huge event and there will be an afterparty.

Now all I need is a couple who want to get married in full Star Trek gear.

As I mentioned, it will a huge event, and there will be a lot of media so ideally, we do not want to have a shy couple, as they will probably be interviewed.

For further information, please email me on sdprco@aol.com

Commander Spock

Report this Oct. 12 2012, 4:44 pm

Hi! I was womdering what we have to do to be a part of this?

guillermo.mejía

Report this Oct. 13 2012, 6:17 am

So the idea is, you designed a wedding....without a couple to be wed?

Commander Spock

Report this Oct. 18 2012, 1:50 am

I think this is a scam, i have written to thos person and wont answer so this is not for real.

Commander Spock

Report this Oct. 18 2012, 2:06 am

Okey the person just wrote to me and it seems that is going to be a wedding tomorrow and they do have a couple, to bad  it would have been cool to be a part of it

FleetAdmiral_BamBam

Report this Oct. 18 2012, 5:16 pm

My wife and I thought about doing our 25th Anniversary in costume at Star Trek: The Experience, but sadly, they closed it.

vulcan lady

Report this Oct. 19 2012, 3:31 pm

ZelmanLucy

Report this Dec. 26 2012, 3:04 am

Wedding theme that would be interesting, now it's become trend of wedding websites. Everyone is getting attracted towards such sites.

accent rugs

FleetAdmiral_BamBam

Report this Dec. 26 2012, 7:46 pm

Quote: vulcan lady @ Oct. 19 2012, 3:31 pm

>That would have been fun.  Have you ever been to Star Trek the Experience?  I have.  I was there twice as hotel/Star Trek convention package deals, and the last time was when the Hilton was starting to sell-off the displays.  They already had a life-sized Borg statue marked "Sold" and they were getting ready to get rid of more.  It was so sad.  I buy Star Trek dolls and home decor, but I'm not that crazy to spend all that money.

>They are supposed to have another "Experience" in Vegas.  Maybe you'll still get your chance!

No, I've never been there.  It would be the only reason I would go to Vegas.

I did have a friend that went - he brought me back a Tribble.  (You can sse it on my one of my bookshelves in my profile.)

egrant2

Report this Dec. 26 2012, 10:06 pm

It sounds like it could be quite a costly affair. And BamBam: love the Tribble :-)

vulcan lady

Report this Dec. 27 2012, 9:01 pm

Quote: FleetAdmiral_BamBam @ Dec. 26 2012, 7:46 pm

Quote: vulcan lady @ Oct. 19 2012, 3:31 pm

No, I've never been there.  It would be the only reason I would go to Vegas.

DIFTOR HEH SMUSMA!

egrant2

Report this Dec. 27 2012, 9:18 pm

Omg. I feel like this would be ultimate hell. I mean, what do you tell people? Crying child? Wailing Tribble? (Of course I would go for the latter but still...)

I think my first experience with a Tribble was awkward because I didn't know what it was. No point of reference for my 11 year old self. But boy do I know what they are now!! It makes me want one! I wonder what happened to all of those that fell out of the shaft on set...? Sounds like a research project for me.

Tribbles for wedding favors!!!!

FleetAdmiral_BamBam

Report this Dec. 28 2012, 12:18 pm

Quote: vulcan lady @ Dec. 27 2012, 9:01 pm

>Here's a funny story about the Tribble that I own.  One of the first things I bought at ST The Experience when I went to my first convention in Vegas was a large Tribble (among other things).  When I bought the Tribble upstairs to my hotel room, it started going crazy, talking on its own, never stopping it's purring after I pet it one time, etc.  It was basically going berserk.  Since I never owned one before, I was not sure if that was normal, but it was really driving me nuts.  I thought "I'll never sleep with this nutty thing in the room!"  So I bought it back downstairs to the Experience store to ask them about it and they told me it was not supposed to do that, so they let me pick out another one, which is the one I have in a display case in my home right now.

>Can you imagine that defective Tribble on the airplane?  Or going through airport security, making non-stop noises?  You know how it sounds, so you can just imagine how funny that would have been!
Yea... mine moves and makes noises too, but only if bumped.  I didn't know it at first, but when I put it down, it started up....  My wife's cat was quite curious and kept swatting it (which made it keeping moving and making noises.)

vulcan lady

Report this Dec. 28 2012, 2:45 pm

Ha, ha.  Mine purrs when petted, just like the ones in the TOS episode.

I would never show it to my mini poodle or my cat.  They would destroy it!

Users browsing this forum: King B IX