A new starship or story to add to the STO universe

dryson

Report this Sep. 21 2012, 6:51 am

The Wukan are fighting back against the Chinese government over land that was taken from them and then sold for development.

Wukan could be turned into a planet where race X has landed and begun a cleansing of the planet of the Wukan people. The story would go that you and your starship must arrive and neutralize the enemy presence on the ground freeing the Wukan before enemy x reinforcements arrive.

If enemy X's reinforcements do arrive it will take alot of starships to free up the space around Wukan so that surface operations can commence again.

Or maybe in honor of the Wukan villages fight a ship could be name U.S.S. Wukan.

WarpGirl9

Report this Sep. 21 2012, 5:28 pm

or... or... we could base some scenario over the whole chick-a-fila vs. gays affair.  Or how about a scenario where a group of people attack the Federation because they named a ship the U.S.S. Mohammed...or. ... or....

ah.... you get the point... God bless anyone standing up against tyranny but current Earth politics, no matter how strongly YOU may feel about it, has no place in the game.

Anything I can think of to put here would most likely get me banned

Mitchz95

Report this Sep. 25 2012, 1:10 pm

Quote: WarpGirl9 @ Sep. 21 2012, 5:28 pm

>no matter how strongly YOU may feel about it, has no place in the game.

Politics, no. But current issues/events? Absolutely! I've seen more than a few such Foundry missions already.

WarpGirl9

Report this Sep. 25 2012, 5:59 pm

Foundry, yes.  Foundry missions are the game equivilant of fan fiction.  Sometimes really good fan fiction, yes, but still fan fiction.  My point is that has no place being part of the official game

Anything I can think of to put here would most likely get me banned

OneDamnMinuteAdmiral

Report this Sep. 28 2012, 7:56 pm

I agree with WarpGirl9 lets not make a video game extra political in idea or practice. What's next Reality STO? Keeping up with the Cardassians, Honey Boo Boo Odo, and The Risa Shore.

I get that Star Trek has used current issues to make episodes but I don't want to play a scenario where I have to play a decade long war on Planet Iraq just for some content. I play the game to forget about the real world for a bit,

Are you sure it isn't time for a colorful metaphor?

FleetAdmiral_BamBam

Report this Oct. 07 2012, 3:56 pm

I'd like to see them to a USS Titan.