A Piece Of The Action

Lichfield_Lout

Report this Sep. 08 2012, 12:25 am

FleetAdmiral_BamBam

Report this Sep. 11 2012, 11:25 am

Quote: Lichfield_Lout @ Sep. 08 2012, 12:25 am

>Anyone remember this episode?  I have just found a script from that episode, is there a market for these things?

There's always a market for Star Trek stuff - try eBay.

Beershark

Report this Sep. 12 2012, 4:03 pm

One of my Favorite episodes. Two words before you try to sell it, verify and authenticate

CORPORATIONS AREN'T PEOPLE! Soylent Green is people.

JK1701

Report this Sep. 13 2012, 8:24 am

That episode is in my top ten favorites of TOS. I love it!

Kirk: We're gonna make some old-style phone calls from this locale, so you locate the mane man on the other end of the blower and give him a ride to this flop.

Scotty: What?

Kirk: Fine the man on the other end of the phone and transport him to these coordinates. Can do, sweetheart?

Scotty: Can do, captain. Standing by.

Ahh, Kirk, my old friend. Do you know the Klingon proverb which tells us revenge is a dish that is best served cold? It's very cold....in space.

Commandamanda

Report this Sep. 14 2012, 6:56 pm

Yep, I remember this ep well. Loved it.

Kirk: Riiiiiight?

Spock: ???....Check.

There are scripts galore. I can, however, give you some tips as to finding out if it's original, or not:

1. Does it have a blue  (or any color) cover: It's a copy.

2. Is it printed on a computer, or does it have perfect typesetting: it's a copy.

3. Is it stapled? Bound? It's a copy.

Things to look for on a possible original:

1. Is it double punched at the top? Possible original.

2. Does it look like it was typed by hand on a typewriter? Possible original.

3. Does it contain pencilled-in notations? Possible original.

I'll just say that most of the scripts on the market are copies, and that it's very rare to find an original unless you're raiding the attic of someone directly involved with the show. In which case, you should immediately ask them to write a letter stating when and where they got the script, signing and dating it, and including a picture of themselves working on the set.

An original script, depending upon the popularity of the episode and who's script it was, could fetch anywhere from $200 to $10,000....

A copy of a script, unbent, and unsigned by anyone, would go for $5 - $10, used.

And that should do it!

SpockType

Report this Sep. 16 2012, 12:13 pm

I just watched the episode now again. It was good.

JK1701

Report this Sep. 17 2012, 6:26 am

Servalanfan: Yeah, he did, but it was in gangster character, and it seems that gangsters refer to everyone as sweetheart.

SpockType: I noticed that to. I think it may have been either A)because he was playing alone or B)because he's the boss cand can do whatever the heck he pleases or C)all of the above. lol

CloudMinder2

Report this Sep. 24 2012, 5:00 pm

Agreed Servalanfan, it's just a comedy ep, but well made all the same. I might dig it out again actually I could do with a laugh...

"There are always alternatives" Spock

shadygrove22

Report this Dec. 11 2012, 7:23 pm

Was a good one.....

Beershark

Report this Dec. 13 2012, 12:54 am

Quote: SpockType @ Sep. 16 2012, 12:13 pm

>I just watched the episode now again. It was good.

>Something I noticed, is when that guy was playing pool he wasn't hitting the white ball with the cue stick, but color ones. Well, perhaps that is how it is played in the 23rd century, or in that society.

I imagine they only had a rough idea of how the game is played, through photos in The Book mostly. I don't see why The Book would contain rules and instructions on the game.

CORPORATIONS AREN'T PEOPLE! Soylent Green is people.

cellist

Report this Dec. 13 2012, 2:27 am

This episode, like many of the others on TOS, has an ingenious premise--a society based on a book about Chicago gangsters in place of the Bible. I am not sure if the episode is anti-Christian; is it lampooning societies that slavishly follow the ideas of a random book? I think it might be.

Blockman

Report this Dec. 15 2012, 4:06 am

Kirk knew how to fit in well there. Luckily he was a human, because I don't think a Vulcan commanding the mission would have been able to pull it off alone!

Users browsing this forum: miklamar