Am I considered to be a troll here?

Created by: corndogs

corndogs

Report this Sep. 05 2012, 8:20 am

Today I was accused by another member here named "Frustrated..." of being a troll and a spammer on this website.  I've been a member here for a few months now, and I feel I have contributed positively to these message boards.  Recently, I noticed the same complaint and name dropping over and over again coming from the same few members here, that seem to be some kind of group effort to take threads off topic.  I've kindly asked them to take the same posted complaint in multiple threads to the Admin via the report option.

Does that make me a troll and a spammer here by asking a few people to refrain from taking threads off topic on a regular basis?  Maybe I don't understand the definition of a troll/spammer?  Doesn't the posted accusation of someone having a double account here violate the terms of service?  I've seen the same name dropping in multiple threads.  Report it, or let it go IMHO.

EDIT:  Several people who posted in this thread were just banned recently, so it appears I'm talking to myself, but I wasn't at the time.  Looks like Admin here made the final decision on who's a troll and spammer.  Glad it wasn't me!

corndogs

Report this Sep. 05 2012, 11:03 am

My indepth knowledge of the TOS has come from members here posting WHO is violating the TOS and WHY.  Period.  My knowledge of what goes on is based on my past few months of posting here.  Period.  The constant complaining in threads about Admin and this site by some members over and over again is getting annoying.  Even your signature line has a complaint in it!!

My opinion, for what it's worth, is don't post here if you don't like the site.  And keep what you don't like about the site making good threads go off topic.  I'm not the only one who feels this way based on what I have seen here. There is plenty of opportunity to complain about this site on the site message board, or use the report option.

So why did you feel I was being a troll and spammer here to begin with?

corndogs

Report this Sep. 05 2012, 3:30 pm

As George Takei would say.....  "Oh My" !

corndogs

Report this Sep. 05 2012, 3:46 pm

Not that again.  The sommerled name dropping. That Frustrated goes by a nick name of SB 63 from what he posted earlier today in the farewell thread on the Movies board.

corndogs

Report this Sep. 05 2012, 3:57 pm

The only stalking I have witnessed here was in FleetAdmiral_BamBam's comment section under his profile.  Someone named boco from Star Trek Logs asked Fleet to join there 17 times.  That is some serious stalking.  I noticed the Fleet never responded to that Star Trek Log person.  Very Creepy. And it was posted that she has been suspended here.  At least Admin is looking out for the members here.

randy kerr

Report this Sep. 06 2012, 6:19 am

this bashing needs to stop right here right now.

K0rN99

Report this Sep. 06 2012, 6:56 am

corndogs

Report this Sep. 06 2012, 9:24 am

@SB 63 Frustrated...

Commander_Zelkar

Report this Sep. 06 2012, 9:38 am

Quote: corndogs @ Sep. 06 2012, 9:24 am

>@SB 63 Frustrated...

>I was posting a "thank you" note to bam-bam on giving me the corn dog avatar here.  Not that I owe you any explanation on why I was reading the publically posted comment section in someone's profile here.

>You seem to be the number one trouble maker here Frustrated...  I know I shouldn't respond to your baited comments you've made to me all over these message boards so I guess I wil get reported for that.  How about you just leave me alone here?  Can we agree to that?

I suggest you make a good will gesture of deleting all of your posts where you called this member out by name. You yourself said it was against the TOS to do that.

No one likes a hypocrite.

There's a kind of freedom in being totally screwed, you know things can't get any worse.

corndogs

Report this Sep. 06 2012, 9:42 am

No, that is not what I said.  I said the name dropping in other threads is taking those threads off topic.  Frustrated IS the person saying I was a troll.  Therefore, using his name in this thread IS keeping it on topic.  Now how about you ask Frustrated... to leave me alone here, and stop following me around these boards to post "ignoring corndogs" and taking other threads off topic.

How about that good will gesture?

the bungalo bill

Report this Sep. 08 2012, 3:53 pm

No, the admin just removed the posts.

the bungalo bill

Report this Sep. 08 2012, 3:54 pm

I notice they also deleted several of your posts....

Commander_Zelkar

Report this Sep. 09 2012, 7:06 am

Quote: /view_profile/ @

>Looks like Admin decided yesterday who as a troll and spammer.  Glad it wasn't me!

>Thanks Admin!!

Please stop trolling and baiting.

Fleet Admiral Braxton

Report this Sep. 09 2012, 3:50 pm

Look At The Bright Side: Nobody Is Trying To Be A Grammar Nazi. At Least Some People Haven't Forgotten What Freedom Of Speech Means!

corndogs

Report this Sep. 10 2012, 9:07 am

I didn't notice any of my posts deleted at all.  And I wish the people who voted "yes" would explain WHERE I was trolling and spamming in other threads, that prompted this particular thread.

Users browsing this forum: alfamav