I had to reset my password for this?

OneDamnMinuteAdmiral

Report this Aug. 29 2012, 4:06 pm

So I had to reset my password and I log in to see the same ole spammer crap? Is this the best that a major corporation like CBS can do?

Are you sure it isn't time for a colorful metaphor?

CO_Fowler

Report this Aug. 30 2012, 8:39 am

Careful!  A certain someone on another thread said that we shouldn't complain about the board and all the problems.  That we might make Admin feel bad about their jobs and we would hurt their feelings so we should just suck it up and not complain or kevetch.

My thoughts are if Admin would just do their jobs the way they should then there wouldn't be as many glitches/bugs here, but maybe I'm expecting too much from the Admins and CBS  :: shrugs shoulders ::

R.I.P. My sweet Casey Bug. Mommy will see you again one day :`o( 18DEC01-24SEP11 / "Don't try to win over the haters. You're not the jackass whisperer."~Scott Stratten /It's a lot like nuts and bolts-if the rider's nuts, the horse bolts! ~Nicholas Evans /IDIC-Infinite Diversity Infinite Combination/Sgt Esterhaus: Hey, let's be careful out there!/4000/ To succeed in life, you need three things: a wishbone, a backbone and a funnybone

OneDamnMinuteAdmiral

Report this Aug. 30 2012, 2:05 pm

I don't care if I complain and it hurts feelings. Now it is not their fault that some worthless piece of trash wants to show the world that he's pathetic by spamming boards, however, they do have a role to play by cleaning it up which they are slow to do a lot.

It just boggles the mind that this is an official site run by a major corporation. All the money we fans have spent over the years for one franchise, and still spend, and they can't get a decent forum system to be free of spam. Oh but buy all our new stuff in the store!

Are you sure it isn't time for a colorful metaphor?

CO_Fowler

Report this Aug. 31 2012, 8:42 am

Uhmmm, that is odd!  In the forum list of topics it says that this thread has 20 replies.   By my count, not including this reply, there were three total posts.  1 opening posts and two replies.  ODMA had 2 posts and I had 1.  With this reply it should bring the total up to 1 opening post and 3 replies.  Talk about a head scratcher and yet another glitch to have false numbers.

I noticed yesterday with one post, my post count went from 5370 to 5379.  Glitch/bug I guess.  Add that to the list.  Now back to topic

I agree with you, ODMA, in that a major corporation should at least be able to fix this board/site to be fairly glitch/bug free.  Or at least they could find someone more willing to be a fair Admin(s) here, someone that, shall we say, actually cares about Star Trek and gives a crud about running a decent board/site

*Edited to add*  After I clicked submit, it shows 3 replies and 81 views.  So why did it say 20 replies before I did the 3rd reply?  Who knows.  :: shrugs ::

JK1701

Report this Aug. 31 2012, 8:56 am

Ahh, Kirk, my old friend. Do you know the Klingon proverb which tells us revenge is a dish that is best served cold? It's very cold....in space.

OneDamnMinuteAdmiral

Report this Aug. 31 2012, 1:55 pm

Quote: JK1701 @ Aug. 31 2012, 8:56 am

>I don't know if you saw my post on another thread, but when the boards were down for days last week, I sent a message via the "help" link at the bottom and finally got a reply back late last night from the admins of the CBS Sports page. Now, tell me, how does one send an email from the Star Trek site and it goes to the admins of CBS Sports? There are some major glitches up in here!

I think saying there are glitches with this site is an understatement. Funny story though.

Are you sure it isn't time for a colorful metaphor?

xXData's GirlXx

Report this Aug. 31 2012, 2:42 pm

I sent an email to them and got CBS spots a long time ago. >.> Something funny is going on here.

tai nasha no karosha :)

OneDamnMinuteAdmiral

Report this Aug. 31 2012, 8:25 pm

Quote: CO_Fowler @ Aug. 31 2012, 8:42 am

>After I clicked submit, it shows 3 replies and 81 views.  So why did it say 20 replies before I did the 3rd reply?  Who knows.  :: shrugs ::

The last spam fest the spammer decided to add posts of what he though I was (POS) after they read what I thought of them in an above post. I liked that I got under their skin for a change.

Are you sure it isn't time for a colorful metaphor?

Users browsing this forum: Drunkin Druid, darmokattanagra