galaxy class or intrepid class

lightningbolt650

Report this Aug. 05 2012, 2:25 pm

happy dabating

jaycee.caramsalidis

Report this Aug. 08 2012, 8:51 am

Galaxy Class is larger, more powerful and has more crew which makes it an ideal choice in most encounters and planetary missions.  Intrepid Class is built with exploration in mind with best sensors, excellent warp capabilities and, of course, the EMH.  Which do I prefer (not sure what the exact nature of the post was to compare)?  Well, there is something to be said for the USS Voyager...

"Fear exists for one purpose: To be conquered" -- Kathryn Janeway

miklamar

Report this Aug. 08 2012, 11:07 am

The two different classes have different mission-types, so I don't know that you could compare them.  The Galaxy-class was a flagship, with quarters and amenities for families.  The Intrepid-class was more of a fast explorer.  So, you'd choose the ship that best suited your purpose.

lightningbolt650

Report this Aug. 08 2012, 5:10 pm

well of course because of my fandom of Voyager im going to pick intrepid. I see other people putting there favorite ships on the opinion of other people,but in my opinon the enterprise d had brang in technolgy thaat became long gone soon and i dont know about you guys but wasnt voyager considerd quick and smart.

Cap.Marty.D.Young

Report this Aug. 11 2012, 3:05 pm

It should be noted that Enterprise has an EMH, Dr Crusher just doesn't like using them. Voyager had one capability Enterprise lacks, Voyager can land on a planet. also, the bio-neural gel packs may provide increased computer response time.

Never drink with your enemies! Well, maybe just one round...

OneDamnMinuteAdmiral

Report this Aug. 12 2012, 11:54 am

One is a yacht the other is a cruise ship. I like them both.

Are you sure it isn't time for a colorful metaphor?

miklamar

Report this Aug. 21 2012, 9:31 am

Intrepid-class ships could actually land on a planet!  However, in a non-Trek scifi book I just read, taking off from a planet took more fuel than they were normally willing to expend.  So, you might have a tradeoff, even when you think you've got the best of everything.

Mitchz95

Report this Aug. 30 2012, 9:41 am

I like Intrepid better; it's smaller, faster, more advanced, and much prettier.

When I look at the Galaxy, I see power. When I look at the Intrepid, I see speed.

CaptainKirkBlue

Report this Oct. 20 2012, 8:46 pm

Galaxy class for me.

Users browsing this forum: wissa