Hi, I'm New...

BeamMeUpTOS

Report this Jul. 31 2012, 9:55 am

Hello, Trekkies. (*Vulcan salutes*) I'm new here! Yay! My favorite Star Trek series is the original series, hence my username.  I also like the character Ezri Dax of DS9.

I'm a young fan. I'd always considered being a Trekkie, but never really started until a Trekkie teacher at my school (who was even dressed in Kirk's uniform for Costume Day) let us watch an episode after we'd finished our fall testing. (The episode was "Devil in the Dark".) After that I became a fan. I started watching the show and collecting merchandise. :-)

My favorite characters are Kirk, Spock, and Uhura simultaneously.

PicardNerd

Report this Aug. 02 2012, 9:46 pm

Oh. My. Lard. klingonspock actually speaks klingon?! That's the koolest thing ever....

JK1701

Report this Aug. 03 2012, 6:40 am

Welcome to the club, BeamMeUpTOS! Always nice to add another Trek fan to the fold. TOS is my favorite as well, and I'm a huge fan of The Devil In The Dark. Great episode with one of McCoy's signature lines: I'm a doctor, not a bricklayer! LOL Love it! That's a good one to introduce a new person to the series. Have you seen all of the series? What's your favorite episode so far?

Ahh, Kirk, my old friend. Do you know the Klingon proverb which tells us revenge is a dish that is best served cold? It's very cold....in space.

randy kerr

Report this Aug. 03 2012, 1:43 pm

mine is encounter at farpoint.

Fun123fun8

Report this Aug. 03 2012, 3:30 pm

greetings

welcome home

want a hug

BeamMeUpTOS

Report this Aug. 03 2012, 8:05 pm

JK1701, hi. :-)

"Mankind has no need for gods. We find the One quite adequate." —James T. Kirk

jaycee.caramsalidis

Report this Aug. 04 2012, 10:27 am

Welcome, BeamMeUpTOS!  Yeah, understood about spam-free but it is a necessary precaution.  My favorite episodes in TOS?  Trouble with Tribbles, The Doomsday Machine, City on the Edge of Forever and Balance of Terror.  Have you seen any of those yet?

"Fear exists for one purpose: To be conquered" -- Kathryn Janeway

BeamMeUpTOS

Report this Aug. 04 2012, 11:12 am

I think I may have seen them.  I might have forgotten the actual titles, though.

"Mankind has no need for gods. We find the One quite adequate." —James T. Kirk

jaycee.caramsalidis

Report this Aug. 04 2012, 11:16 am

Okay, well, I didn't want to give anything away in case you hadn't seen them.  Somewhat envious where you get to be watching Trek for the first time!

"Fear exists for one purpose: To be conquered" -- Kathryn Janeway

BeamMeUpTOS

Report this Aug. 04 2012, 11:30 am

You mean Ohio?

"Mankind has no need for gods. We find the One quite adequate." —James T. Kirk

Commander_Zelkar

Report this Aug. 04 2012, 1:36 pm

Enjoy the journey. It only gets better. Ask for the DVD's at Xmas and Birthdays if you want to see more. I'd recommend seeing Star Trek in order of the series, TOS, TNG, DS9, VOY, and ENT.

There's a kind of freedom in being totally screwed, you know things can't get any worse.

PicardNerd

Report this Aug. 05 2012, 1:56 pm

Quote: /view_profile/ @

>Yes. I learned from a site named Klingon Language Institute.

You're my hero!! Also sorry for the late reply...

xXLadyDataXx

Report this Aug. 05 2012, 9:19 pm

Greetings and Salutations my fellow Trekkie -does Vulcan salute-!! Just be careful with the trolls and spammers.

JK1701

Report this Aug. 06 2012, 6:25 am

Quote: BeamMeUpTOS @ Aug. 03 2012, 8:05 pm

>JK1701, hi. :-)

>Well, I haven't seen every episode yet. I haven't seen all the series, because TOS is my favorite of all, and Star Trek only comes on once a week here in Canton, Ohio. (Saturday nights at 9:00 P.M, channel 987. KHAAAAN! ) Thank God for digital cable!

>"Devil in the Dark" is a good episode. But I can't help but laugh/cringe/feel very sorry for Nimoy at Spock's famous "PAIN!! AUGGHH!!! PAAIIIINNN!!!"  "The Trouble With Tribbles" might be my favorite. So far, at least.

>P.S. Why must these "spam-free" words not make any sense? I know it's for our own good, but I must have refreshed them a thousand times before I finally found a coherent pair. Ack!

Yeah, with the show originally airing in the 60s, and with the way all actors on tv shows hammed it up back then, almost every episode has some moment that is cringe-worthy, either from Nimoy, Deforrest Kelly, but usually from the biggest ham ever, William Shatner. lol But it's still my favorite series, mostly because I think the stories hold up well. If you could take the cast from that show and re-make the episodes today, you wouldn't have to alter the stories at all. They're that timeless.

And, in case you haven't heard the story, when they were filimg that episode and Nimoy was yelling "PAIN!", Shatner suddenly pipes up from behind him and says "Sweet Jesus, somebody get this Vulcan an aspirin!" LOL

The captcha things are VERY annoying. I'm like you, I have to search through them to find one I can comprehend well enough to enter in. "They" claim they're necessary, but something is only necessary if it serves it's purpose, and the site still gets spammed regularly, so I wish they'd do away with them. But that's just me.

jaycee.caramsalidis

Report this Aug. 08 2012, 9:15 am

BeamMeupTOS, my favorite DS9 character is also Ezri Dax!

"Fear exists for one purpose: To be conquered" -- Kathryn Janeway