Do you think that Chekov is annoying?

ttbake

Report this Jul. 19 2012, 3:27 pm

I have read in multiple places on the internet that people think that Chekov is an annoying character. I disagree. I think that he adds a lot of humor and youthfulness to the show. He is one of my favorite characters. What are your thoughts? Do you think that he is annoying?

Where your treasure is, there also your thoughts will be - Luke 12:34

Fleet Admiral Braxton

Report this Jul. 19 2012, 3:48 pm

Not Really. Of Couse,Back Then,People were Annoyed By The Fact He took pride in being Russian. But That is Another Story.

darlene.nickens

Report this Jul. 19 2012, 7:07 pm

No! The beauty of the TOS was that every major character was proud of their diverse ethnicities ,and race. Chekov was great. Loved the few times when he got his own storyline.

'Be pleasant,no matter how much it hurts'

Beershark

Report this Jul. 19 2012, 8:53 pm

Quote: /view_profile/ @

>In a cute 60's kind of way, yes. But that's his charm.

My thoughts exactly. The character, as written, had a certain youthful arrogance and charm that was intended to be annoying to the older characters.

CORPORATIONS AREN'T PEOPLE! Soylent Green is people.

CloudMinder2

Report this Jul. 21 2012, 10:06 pm

"The Garden of Eden was just outside Moscow. A very nice place..."

Classic :-)

"There are always alternatives" Spock

Roboto

Report this Jul. 30 2012, 5:06 pm

Never! I love him. He added a touch of humor and the welcome presence of a "youthful" character.

It's such a shame that they didn't get a chance to take his character to a deeper level. For those of you who have read Koenig's biography "Warped Factors", then you already know what I mean. If not, let me put it this way: Gene had some big plans for Chekov, for him to grow and become a much more clearly defined character, but due to unfortunate circumstances it never happened. It's a tragedy. Still, I choose to think of the character in the way that he was intended to develop, and I really like him.

Users browsing this forum: Drunkin Druid