Data's EmotionChip and Upload of it and other info into B-4

USS Liverpool

Report this Jul. 15 2012, 1:33 pm

When Data was destroyed in the end of Star Trek: Nemesis, was his emotion chip also compromised with him? Or did he upload the specs and programming into his the logs or the Enterprise-E's computer?  We saw the beginnings of Data's personality starting to show up in B-4's behaviour. How long would it have taken for a full, complete upload of Data's memory, knowledge, and personality traits to surface in B-4? And, if the emotion chip's behaviours were included in the upload, would those have tranferred over as well into B-4? Would B-4 still be called B-4 or would he now be called Data or Data 2.0? Would Data's last memories of being on the Scimitar and his being destroyed been transmitted and recorded onto the Enterprise's computers? And, if that were the case, would those last moments of Data's existence have been included in the upload and would he have recollection of his last moments in his previous incarnation (i.e. his brother)?

WarpGirl9

Report this Jul. 16 2012, 12:24 pm

The only apperance I've seen of Data, post Nemesis, is in the Countdown comics.  He has been resurected in B-4's body but they didn't go into detail about the speciifics.

Anything I can think of to put here would most likely get me banned

randy kerr

Report this Jul. 19 2012, 3:11 pm

thats a good question?

JK1701

Report this Jul. 20 2012, 9:13 am

I thought it was neat that they had B-4 start singing at the end, and it occurred to me that there might be something in that they could use to bring Data back. Of course, knowing it was the last movie, I knew they had no intention of utilizing that possibility. In all the books that are set after Nemesis, Data is dead. There's no mention of B-4 or anything like that. I was under the impression that B-4's positronic brain was so undeveloped and primitive compared to Data's that there wasn't any way for him to process all of Data's memory information with all it's years of complexity and just sheer volume of data ( ). I figured that the song was the closest he would ever be able to get to becoming Data. Even Geordi and Data working together could not figure out how to build a new positronic matrix for making a new android, so even the idea of upgrading B-4 seemed out of reach.

Ahh, Kirk, my old friend. Do you know the Klingon proverb which tells us revenge is a dish that is best served cold? It's very cold....in space.

USS Liverpool

Report this Oct. 21 2012, 9:01 am

Vger23

Report this Oct. 22 2012, 6:32 pm

Quote: USS Liverpool @ Oct. 21 2012, 9:01 am

>Speaking of Data's emotion chip, I noticed it was smaller in TNG episode: "Descent", Part II." In ST: Generations, the emotion chip was bigger and different in appearance. It looked like a Chex cereal square. Why the discrepancy in the appearance of how it looked?

Mainly, it's because Star Trek isn't real, and these kinds of mistakes are all over the place throughout the franchise.

I AM KEE-ROCK!!