A question about joined Trill and ages

JDax82

Report this Jul. 11 2012, 12:21 pm

Hi y'all...I'm creating a back story for my joined Trill Sim character. When they talk about Trill ages do they separate the ages of Host and Symbiont? I guess what I'm asking is the period of time between a symbiont's birth to their first host, is that part of the symbiont's age? I would think so...

Any help would be appreciated.

JDax

MoppyCGDaniels

Report this Jul. 11 2012, 5:07 pm

Either way the host as joined Trill counts for the ages (& lifetimes) of the symbiont.

randy kerr

Report this Jul. 12 2012, 9:25 am

i think that the symbiont live for ever.

FleetAdmiral_BamBam

Report this Jul. 12 2012, 11:25 am

I think they have to be at a certain level of maturity before being implanted into their first host.  I believe it was discussed in the "Lives of Dax" book

Beersnark

Report this Jul. 12 2012, 4:06 pm

I think it would be great to be a joined trill, to have the wisdom of the ages and the youth to do something with it!

"These people are natural born idiots."-Neelix

Cap.Marty.D.Young

Report this Jul. 12 2012, 7:32 pm

When I needed help wiht my Betazoid, I used the database here on the site, may work for you too. HOpe to see you in the RPG soon, our episode is nearly done I think.

Never drink with your enemies! Well, maybe just one round...

JDax82

Report this Jul. 12 2012, 10:00 pm

Thanks for all of the response. I have read the "Lives of Dax"...many times...(did I mention
That Jadzia Dax is my favorite character?!).

Capt. Marty: I'm looking forward to it too. But not sure if this character will make it with me.
We'll see.
JDax

Cap.Marty.D.Young

Report this Jul. 12 2012, 10:23 pm

Yeah, you'd have to make up not only a character, but past lives of the other hosts as well, still, be a good character if you could get it figured out.

Never drink with your enemies! Well, maybe just one round...

Cap.Marty.D.Young

Report this Jul. 13 2012, 11:09 pm

JDax82, our episode is over, you can now join in if you like.

Never drink with your enemies! Well, maybe just one round...

miklamar

Report this Jul. 19 2012, 6:37 am

I think a Trill can receive a symbiont when he/she is in his/her mid-20s, probably to guarantee a certain level of maturity, combined with youth.

Data Logan

Report this Jul. 19 2012, 1:46 pm

Whenever Jadzia Dax referred to her age, she only included the years the symbiont was joined. So it's more like "I've lived __ years as a joined Trill". The symbiont itself is actually much older.

Data Logan

Report this Jul. 19 2012, 1:50 pm

I wouldn't say symbionts live forever, but rather long. The longest lived one I know of is Gard, who I think was about 5,000. But he was a special case. Even the upper elite joined Trill generally only have joined memories going back hundreds of years.

MoppyCGDaniels

Report this Jul. 19 2012, 2:10 pm

As the maturity is given for a gratuated initiate Ezri Dax received the symbiont without training.

Users browsing this forum: FleetAdmiral_BamBam, Drunkin Druid, wissa