Identity of Cumberbatch's Villain Revealed?

Mitchz95

Report this Jul. 11 2012, 12:06 pm

Scroll down for possible spoiler.

During an interview with FSX Magazine, Karl Urban said of Cumberbatch:

"He’s awesome, he’s a great addition, and I think his Gary Mitchell is going to be exemplary.”

Discuss!

Blockman

Report this Jul. 11 2012, 4:10 pm

GAARRRR!!!!

wonder how pissed Pegg'll be this time.

WarpGirl9

Report this Jul. 11 2012, 4:13 pm

Ok,

Orci said Gary Mitchell will NOT be in the next movie

Pegg said it's not Kahn

Now Urban says it's Mitchell

I believe what we are seeing is a coordinated effort by the current incarnation of Starfleet (if they are not starfleet, who is?) to drive the fans batty.

Anything I can think of to put here would most likely get me banned

Blockman

Report this Jul. 11 2012, 4:21 pm

I love it!

I'd jump for either Khan or Gary!! Maybe Peter Weller as a Klingon!

randy kerr

Report this Jul. 12 2012, 9:23 am

who is cumberpatch?

Mitchz95

Report this Jul. 12 2012, 12:50 pm

Quote: randy kerr @ Jul. 12 2012, 9:23 am

>who is cumberpatch?

Benedict Cumberbatch is an actor that's playing the villain in the next Abrams Trek movie.

Beersnark

Report this Jul. 12 2012, 4:40 pm

I'm hoping it's not a known TOS villian and yet not some cosmic Lex Luther type out to destroy the galaxy. Just your run of the mill baddy. How cool would it be if it turned out to be Harry Mudd though?

"These people are natural born idiots."-Neelix

24thcenstfan

Report this Jul. 12 2012, 5:03 pm

I really don't know what to believe at this point. I think it might be more misdirection away from who the real villian will be. Who knows...

Join us @ => KEEP ON TREKKIN'

A Friendly Sci-Fi Community!

Blockman

Report this Jul. 13 2012, 3:52 am

If it's not going to be Gary, then I'm pretty sure it's going to be Khan. If JJ had the opportunity to bring back the most recognizable characters in the first film, then he's going to bring back their most recognizable villain.

Consider all the mainstream movie goers out there who will finally/fully get to see a JJ heralded "KHAAAAN"!

Just like The Joker and Dark Knight, people don't want to see something BRAND new...

JK1701

Report this Jul. 13 2012, 8:40 am

I disagree. I would LOVE to see something brand new. The fact that they set the first movie up in an alternate timeline meant that they could do new things without having to worry about continuity in the Star Trek universe. That left the door open for all sorts of possibilities that have never been seen before. While I will absolutely go and see the movie, regardless of who the villain is, I will be greatly disappointed if it's Khan. Call me crazy, but I think Ricardo Montalban will always be Khan and to redo the character, the story, or anything associated with it will be a great disservice to the Star Trek universe. I will, however, be willing to admit I was wrong if they redo Khan and it turns out to be amazing. I have my doubts about it, though.

Ahh, Kirk, my old friend. Do you know the Klingon proverb which tells us revenge is a dish that is best served cold? It's very cold....in space.

AtoZ2

Report this Jul. 15 2012, 8:31 am

I'm enjoying the cross fire of fan comments regarding who Cumberbatch will be playing....the higher intelligents reaches a new low LOL

WarpGirl9

Report this Jul. 16 2012, 12:21 pm

higher intellect would be best, but what do I know? And "odd or fate or elements"? Booooorrrrrrrriiiiiing.  They absolutely need a villian to be pitted against.  I would rather is was not Khan.  I personally would love to a see a take on Wolf in the Fold.  One of the best episodes of TOS ever.  And imagine would they could do with that entity now.

Anything I can think of to put here would most likely get me banned