Geordi can't put on his visors

silvik123

Report this Jul. 05 2012, 8:52 am

I was recently watching a TNG show and saw Geordi's hands fumble (again) about his visor as he tried to put it on. That's when I kind of just had it. He always fumbles to put his visor on and not just slide it on his face.

Does anyone else think it's a little odd that even though Geordi is blind whenever he has to put his visors back on his face he moves his hand around the visors and acts as though he has to feel his hands around to correctly put them on his face? I can put my eyeglasses on with my eyes close, people can put earrings on without looking in the mirror. For a man who has been blind since birth why does he has issues putting the visor on his face.

wissa

Report this Jul. 05 2012, 9:37 am

Like us on Facebook Haters gotta hate

silvik123

Report this Jul. 05 2012, 1:19 pm

Quote: wissa @ Jul. 05 2012, 9:37 am

>I was noticing in Code of Honour last night he was fumbling around his quarters like he'd never been there before

Trek 2.0

Report this Jul. 05 2012, 7:38 pm

PicardNerd

Report this Jul. 05 2012, 10:07 pm

Indeed Trek2.0 is right, if you look at the side of his head you see little bumps on each side where his visor actually connects, so its not just like sliding on a pair of glasses.

silvik123

Report this Jul. 06 2012, 7:43 pm

Thanks. Makes sense now that I think about those bumps on the side of his head. I did not realize they were magnets to make the visor stay on his forehead.

stovokor2000-A

POSTS: 2001

Report this Jul. 08 2012, 2:05 pm

I would guess he has to msake sure he's not putting it on upside down

Photobucket

wissa

Report this Jul. 09 2012, 8:02 am

you would think they would find a different system for the rare scene where he was actually putting them on

Like us on Facebook Haters gotta hate

miklamar

Report this Jul. 10 2012, 12:17 pm

I thought he kind of lived with them on, like they were surgically attached.

Momo Spock

Report this Jul. 20 2012, 4:16 pm

Quote: miklamar @ Jul. 10 2012, 12:17 pm

>I thought he kind of lived with them on, like they were surgically attached.

That would hurt!!!!

What! what is this?! *smash* - Spock

Pooneil

Report this Jul. 23 2012, 3:51 pm

I had a friend who routinely poked herself in the eye when she put her glasses on. Off the top of my head, the times we've seen Geordi without his visor, it's usually because the villain has snatched it off his face, or something similar. Maybe Geordi's hands are shaking because he's worried someone will try to vaporise him.

Fun123fun8

Report this Jul. 23 2012, 7:18 pm

Quote: Trek 2.0 @ Jul. 05 2012, 7:38 pm

>At the Nashville Convention he said it was uncomfortable at times, because he had to paste magnets to his head, and hook them together with the screws that were in his visor when you see the orange pieces in the side that was them.

not only uncomertable but unlike the show it wa hard for him to see though it almost like he was blind putting the visor on.

want a hug

Ultra Trek

Report this Jul. 27 2012, 9:42 pm

On the action figure, there's a place for the top of the nose.