Why on Star Terk online are there no starship using phase cloaking devices

Jason222

Report this Jul. 02 2012, 6:00 pm

I wounder with fact some UFP starships cloak device and fact UFP able build working phase cloaking device how come UFP Galaxy X class starship did not have phase cloaking device.

CheeseDJr

Report this Jul. 08 2012, 11:07 am

Because they were outlawed by Federation Treaty negotiations.

Jason222

Report this Jul. 08 2012, 6:00 pm

Quote: CheeseDJr @ Jul. 08 2012, 11:07 am

>Because they were outlawed by Federation Treaty negotiations.

the problem that arguement is then none UFP starship working cloaking device be it the Galaxy X class starship or the Defiant class warship and they do so how come they have them if if Romulan and UFP treaty is still inforced since treaty bane all cloak device both phase cloak and none phase cloaked

Mitchz95

Report this Jul. 10 2012, 9:04 pm

I believe the Treaty of Algeron is no longer valid in STO's timeline. Why they're not using the phase cloak is anyone's guess. Presumably the technology was abandoned after the events of "The Pegasus".

Trek 2.0

Report this Jul. 11 2012, 11:48 am

I pondered that.

Jason222

Report this Jul. 12 2012, 6:21 pm

The only reason I can think is that UFP had the phase cloaking device as extreamly classfied piece of equement. It very possible UFP might only plan very few starship equement this techology. If this case then UFP might well using Star Terk online but the ship availabe not available to buy. However does anyone else other ideas.

OneDamnMinuteAdmiral

Report this Aug. 30 2012, 8:26 pm

I think my ship has a phasing device since I fly through asteroids alot.

Are you sure it isn't time for a colorful metaphor?

guillermo.mejía

Report this Sep. 04 2012, 8:07 am

Quote: OneDamnMinuteAdmiral @ Aug. 30 2012, 8:26 pm

>I think my ship has a phasing device since I fly through asteroids alot.

Might be standard issue since I have it too.

Ghostmatrix101

Report this Sep. 13 2012, 3:04 am

The Pegasus was a good episode

If only Men lived on the earth life would be a pain in the arse... BAZINGA

Jason222

Report this Sep. 14 2012, 3:39 pm

Quote: guillermo.mejía @ Sep. 04 2012, 8:07 am

Quote: OneDamnMinuteAdmiral @ Aug. 30 2012, 8:26 pm

>I think my ship has a phasing device since I fly through asteroids alot.

Might be standard issue since I have it too.

Maybe that Star Terk online should say

Ultra Trek

Report this Sep. 17 2012, 8:14 pm

There are still cloaked Klingon vessels, and we phase through asteroids because in any other event, they could effect hull, and shield strength very much.

You lied? I implied.

Jason222

Report this Sep. 19 2012, 7:14 am

I guess evidence you show me that every starship in star terk stander phase device if not phase cloak device if self that provide no protect weapons in 25 century.

dryson

Report this Sep. 21 2012, 6:29 am

Using any type of cloaking device is prohibited by StarFleet and Federation Charters.

The reason being is that the use of a cloaking device which is primarily used by the Romulans and Klingons is a for surprise military attacks on targets.

Since the Romulans and Klingons are both terroritorial and aggressive cultures where war is used first in most diplomatic scenarios the cloaking device gives them the upper hand to win battles. Both empires are over ego maniacs and value their pride above all else.

Starfleet is comprised of explorers who value open relations to settle disputes instead of simply firing up the Warp Drive Units and invading a territory for their own emperical pursuits.

Otherwise StarFleet could have invaded Romulan and Klingon territory long ago vanquishing both empires to rubble.

A bullfrog with a light in its belly is nothing more than a glutton looking to shine otherwise.

Jason222

Report this Sep. 23 2012, 10:00 am

Problem that arguement Federation many starship had cloak device in Star Terk online. fact must starship fly though astriond not be effect evidence techology devopement point ship that phase cloak device would usless. Many next piece equement allow work walls well Star Terk online.