If we had a new Trek show where would you want it to be ?

Created by: jeanluckirk737

jeanluckirk737

Report this Jul. 02 2012, 8:15 am

Personally I think Star fleet Academy wouldn't work, it would just be Trek for teens. But there also been loads of Starship shows so it would be logical to do a Station show. They proved it could work with DS9 so they could do it again. Maybe the show would be about a station in the Neutral Zone. A suitable explanation would be the UFP has a had a truce with Romulans due to the Dominion war and the events in Nemesis (terrible movie, I know) and the station was built to have closer contact with the Romulans. In it there could be Romulans fundamentalists trying to destroy it and so forth, it could be an interesting watch. Anyone like the sound of it?

"Who am I to argue with the captain of the Enterprise?"- Kirk to Picard. 2371.

Hugues

Report this Jul. 02 2012, 8:31 am

In space!

DS9 RULES!!!!!

miklamar

Report this Jul. 02 2012, 10:33 am

What if you had a series about a ship like the Defiant that alternated between being docked in a spaceport (like DS9) and traveling through space, meeting other cultures and performing various missions (like the other series)?  Then, you might be able to combine the best elements of both types of shows.

heronymous

Report this Jul. 02 2012, 4:10 pm

K_tigress

Report this Jul. 02 2012, 9:42 pm

Quote: heronymous @ Jul. 02 2012, 4:10 pm

>On other posts , there has been support for a 25th Century Series , A Temporal Cold War Series , a Titan Series and a Klingon-based Series ! I would like a Starfleet Academy Series that wouldn't necessarily be teen based , but would show life , in and out , of the Academy , and would also connect links between TNG and DS9 !

Now those are nice ideas. Me like!

He felt that his whole life was some kind of dream and he sometimes wondered whose it was and whether they were enjoying it. -Douglas Adams (1952-2001)

miklamar

Report this Jul. 03 2012, 7:07 am

Does the Starfleet Academy have graduate-level courses?  If so, cadets and officers of all ages could appear there.  I think at least a few episodes about the Academy would be interesting, but I don't know how many you could devise.

jeanluckirk737

Report this Jul. 03 2012, 8:22 am

I think Starfleet Academy have some good episodes, but eventually it would run out of steam and become something for teens

"Who am I to argue with the captain of the Enterprise?"- Kirk to Picard. 2371.

jeanluckirk737

Report this Jul. 03 2012, 8:31 am

Anyway starfleet academy wouldn't have any viewers other then Trek fans and it would be cancelled after its first few seasons. I really dislike the idea of starfleet academy.

"Who am I to argue with the captain of the Enterprise?"- Kirk to Picard. 2371.

Ninja Vulcan

Report this Jul. 03 2012, 10:34 am

I think it should have a mix of it all personally...  But in majority it should be space...  Thats what makes star trek, star trek.. without space... it just wouldnt be the same...  Its that exploring that unexplored that's in space.

And yes... I can see where the starfleet academy would become a teen show...  (I'm a teen).. But they would end up making it into to some lame drama...  Which would be bad....

But I think they could maybe start it off at starfleet academy...  Like kinda show them getting ready to take on the ship responsibilities...  and then a major war happens or something.. and they get pulled out faster than planned..  And after war they kinda just stay out in space, and continue the mission.  To expore strange to places...    then they can like visit spacedock...  But really... Star Trek should just stay in Space..  Its where it belongs...

Live Long and Prosper! Once you have elimnated the impossible what ever remains however improable must be the truth. You will find after a time, wanting will be more pleasing than having. This is illogical but is often the truth. The Undiscover Country...

flottanna

Report this Jul. 03 2012, 12:02 pm

I voted for a station because Ds9 is my favorite. BUt really I don't care I'll take anything. Just as long as it takes place in the normal universe and not the new J.J. Abrams one.

"Please Watch Our Films" Youtube.com

Trek 2.0

Report this Jul. 03 2012, 12:44 pm

I've been writing fan fiction about the Enterprise J, the 25th century flagship of the Federation. I'd like to write it out as a series.

randy kerr

Report this Jul. 03 2012, 3:58 pm

starfleet academy.

WarpGirl9

Report this Jul. 05 2012, 12:53 pm

We've seen over 40 years (ok not continuous, but still) of life in space with Star Trek. I'd like to see more about the world itself. Like a police drama. It could easliy be based in space or on a planet or cover anything in between. Say a murder happens on Earth, with the ease of space travel there's no reason the investigation couldn't go into space.

Anything I can think of to put here would most likely get me banned

Reedworftripparis

Report this Jul. 05 2012, 5:10 pm

Space with a steady connection to the Academy.

"Reed Alert, that's not bad"...Malcolm Reed

Beershark

Report this Jul. 05 2012, 8:04 pm

I've said it on a couple of other threads, I think the best use of the JJverse is in an animated series. Where as most fans don't really accept the exsisting animated series as canon yet still enjoy watching it, and still others have a hard time buying into the new timeline, this sollution seems obvious to me. let the new timeline continue on in a high-end animated series and restore the prime timeline in future films, but keep these to a limited few. In time we will have a new generation raised on the new timeline through this animated series, and it can be transitioned over to live a live action series and movies. all us purists will either be dead are to old to even remember correctly. Problem solved.

CORPORATIONS AREN'T PEOPLE! Soylent Green is people.

Users browsing this forum: King B IX