A little help with an item... No clue who or what it is.

MissyAmerica

Report this Jul. 01 2012, 10:56 pm

I do not watch Star Trek although I intend to now that it's on Netflix.

However my boyfriend worked at a bank years ago and one of his regular customers was Deforest Kelly who evidently was in Star Trek.

Long story short my boyfriend brought in an action figure of Deforest as "Admiral McCoy" from TNG (I have no idea what any of that means). And Deforest signed it.

We are getting rid of some stuff and want to know if this is worth letting go of.

Could be worth a buck, could be worth 100 bucks.  I was hoping someone could let me know a good price to start it at. (or let me know if it's worthless.)

Seeems to be in pretty good shape although the plastic is lifting at the bottom.

Thanks in advance!!!

Missy

guillermo.mejía

Report this Jul. 03 2012, 12:23 pm

If it's unopened and it is D. Kelley's signature, could be worth a lot to a Trek memorabilia collector.

I'm confident that you'd get more than $100 if it's the real deal.

Trek 2.0

Report this Jul. 05 2012, 7:49 pm

Don't let it go. With DeForest's passing in '99, it's worth alot if value increased over 13, or 14 years depending on when it was signed. He died on June 11, 1999. When was it signed. Take if it rose by 10 dollars in value every year since. if it cost six when it came out in 87, and rose a dollar then two then three when Kelley died it would be worth, it would be $97.00 worth by that rising worth price it would be $217.00 now.

Trek 2.0

Report this Jul. 05 2012, 8:38 pm

If it's still in the box $230.00 in 7 years it should be worth $300.00.

MissyAmerica

Report this Jul. 06 2012, 10:41 pm

Oh wow! I had no idea it could potentially be worth a couple hundred bucks.  I do have it up on Ebay now and started it at $199 just to see if anyone nibled.  There are 3 watchers so I guess people are interested.

I didn't even know he passed away.  If I remember correctly it would have been signed around 95-97 so just a few years before his death.

I guess my main issue now is, should I end the auction and go get it authenticated? Is that even possible to do?

Would it be worth more if I got it authenticated? I of course am 100% sure its authentic but I don't think my word is good enough for Ebay.

Thanks for all the help.

And yes it is still in the box.

Trek 2.0

Report this Jul. 07 2012, 8:36 am

Could you hold on to it? Till' like July 24th. or Christmas.

Trek 2.0

Report this Jul. 07 2012, 8:38 am

Please hold on to it, and take it off ebay, and put it back on at Christmas.

Users browsing this forum: darmokattanagra