Unpopular or Stupid Trek Characters

Ayko

Report this Jun. 18 2012, 8:12 am

We all know this thread has been done before but since I missed them I am bringing up the subject again.

The Janice Rand character was a blonde airhead Yeoman who took notes for the Captain because he didn't find the computer sexy enough. All she ever did was distract Kirk and create problems. It was her only purpose.

Beverly Crusher has Commander rank? A wishy washy doctor with no backbone always complaining about Federation and Starfleet rules. Should've been a vet. Also arrogant and conceited thinking she was so sexy but not in my opinion. Pulaski was ten times better!

Counsellor Troi the empath. If I would have heard it one more time I would have freaked--"I can sense someone is lying or hiding something but I can't tell who or what..." Oh please, what was she good for?

Who do you detest from the Trek world?

PicardNerd

Report this Jun. 18 2012, 12:37 pm

Sounds like you just hate female ST characters.

randy kerr

Report this Jun. 18 2012, 1:08 pm

as for me none.

heronymous

Report this Jun. 18 2012, 3:40 pm

Strangely , My Favorite is also My Pick for Most Stupid Unpopular..  James T Kirk , followed by Hikaru Sulu and Nyota Uhura ! I think Jim Kirk was One of the most Popular Unpopular Officers in Starfleet.. an Impulsive Socialising Swinger with the Crowd !

All Trekkers Welcome !

Mitchz95

Report this Jun. 18 2012, 6:29 pm

Crusher may have been boring, but at least she wasn't a ripoff of a TOS character like Pulaski was.

Agreed about Rand.

I hate Q. Especially in TNG.

Neelix was a bit annoying, but tolerable. And he got better throughout the series.

Nero and Ru'afo were awful villains. Nothing against their respective actors, their characters were just awful.

lostshaker

Report this Jun. 18 2012, 6:39 pm

Everybody in Abrams' movie. Although Nero, while still inept, was the least inept for wanting to kill everybody else. He at least had a relatable motive.

xXLadyDataXx

Report this Jun. 18 2012, 8:54 pm

I detest Pulaski because she was stuck up and she was just plain mean to Data by belittling him for who he is. I also don't like Wesley either because he was just a know it  all and he was just annoying to begin with

Broadstorm

Report this Jun. 18 2012, 10:32 pm

Worf!  How did this guy get through the academy and get posted to the flagship while still being stumped by non-automated doors?  Then there was time Crusher wanted to talk to him about his memory lapse, and he replied "I still don't remember having one."  Ummm... yeah, that's one of the odd little side effects of a memory lapse.

Ayko

Report this Jun. 19 2012, 2:14 am

Quote: PicardNerd @ Jun. 18 2012, 12:37 pm

>Sounds like you just hate female ST characters.

Not at all but, ladies first, read on...

Ayko

Report this Jun. 19 2012, 2:28 am

Although I like the Worf character I did not like all his constant pointing out of how superior the Klingon Empire is but whenever he had a mission among the Klingons he would then constantly impose human style and morals to the Klingons. Hypocritical.

Almost forgot (probably not by accident) the most irritating Trek character of all, "Broccoli" Reg Barclay. How can a trained Starfleet lieutenant be so nervous and so lacking in confidence so that he cannot perform his duties safely or properly. No way he would get through the ranks without therapy to rid him of his fright. He is a menace to the entire crew and missions. Very unrealistic and a nuisance to the plots.

I agree that Wesley was annoying at times. Interesting to note that originally the Wesley character was to be a super sleuth girl and considering the style of character and situations I bet the stories would have worked better had they gone with their original odea.

ReedEnterprise

Report this Jun. 22 2012, 3:18 pm

I could live without Neelix. I also wasn't crazy about Yar but I loved Sela. I wasn't crazy about Sulu, Odo and Hoshi.

I think the actors did an amazing job though with what they were given.

"Reed Alert, that's not bad" Malcolm Reed

tracytrek

Report this Jun. 22 2012, 3:56 pm

Broadstorm

Report this Jun. 22 2012, 4:23 pm

Quote: tracytrek @ Jun. 22 2012, 3:56 pm

>I will probably get a lot of disagreement on this. Picard got on my nerves sometime. There were a couple of episodes that I can't remember the title to where they helped a group of people whose world was about to be destroyed and at the end he is bemoaning the fact that their helping may have been as destructive as whatever catastrophe that was about to happen because it unintentionally interfered.

I think you are referring to The Masterpiece Society.

Ayko

Report this Jun. 23 2012, 2:16 am

Picard could be annoying at times with his macho-wimp character mix making him naive and unpredictable, and with no real sex drive or sex appeal (for the ladies)...he just didn't cut it as Captain...

Whoopi Goldberg did a great job with 'Guinan' but the character was confusing and never went anywhere as far as character development goes...Guinan seemed to be an observer from wherever that doesnt exist anymore, Q knows, and thats it...suspense builds? That was disappointing.

The holo-doc from Voyager could really irritate, especially that (English) voice...

I always like a challenging challenge.

NothingoOriginal55

Report this Jun. 23 2012, 2:46 pm

I think I hated Quark and Neelix the most.  Though "Little Green Men" and "Jetrel" were two of my favourite episodes.