foods that promote health

miklamar

Report this Jun. 02 2012, 8:26 pm

I am not a spokesperson for this person or product, but I recently saw this on public television, and it could be very important information for a lot of us.

Dr. Joel Fuhrman, on the show 3 Steps to Incredible Health (PBS), tells that eating 10 grams (?) of mushrooms, onions and green vegetables a day helps to decrease the risk of cancer up to 70 percent (or more)--including breast cancer for women and prostate cancer for men.

Fuhrman explains that the odor omions give off when you cut them (disulphates?) are the cancer-fighting chemicals at work.  And, he says, green vegetables help to prevent plaque from forming in your arteriers.

He says these findings are printed in various professional medical journals.  He wondered why this information is not printed on the front pages of major newspapers.

So, this might be worth checking out, at: http://www.drfuhrman.com/default.aspx

K_tigress

Report this Jun. 02 2012, 8:56 pm

There are lots of good food to eat for personal health. The best being whole foods. In other words food not made in a factory. Even better food, food you grow you'r self since this food doesn’t usually grow on exhausted soil.  The best food is the food you forage since this food is growing naturally and gets all the nutrients it can get. So instead of weeding those dandelions, you really should be eating them. They’re really quite nutritious as a substitute for spinach and other things.

He felt that his whole life was some kind of dream and he sometimes wondered whose it was and whether they were enjoying it. -Douglas Adams (1952-2001)

shika_narks

Report this Jun. 02 2012, 10:58 pm

I drink alot of soy milk and replaced it with cow milk, also rice milk is also good for you... I get allergies so I try to eat as clean as possible but it doesnt mean I wont have fun with mc'D and pizzahut. I love junk food as well. In terms of healthy snacks I havent found any except seeds and snackbars.. I did however try cornchips, which were ok.

I once went to this place where they were serving brown beans that were used as a dessert, it has a sweet taste to it and it was excellent.

Im a boy..

Commander_Zelkar

Report this Jun. 03 2012, 4:34 am

What about grapes? I'm hooked on grapes. I eat 'em all day. Red seedless grapes are awesome when their fresh.

There's a kind of freedom in being totally screwed, you know things can't get any worse.

Invader_Wishfire

Report this Jun. 03 2012, 5:01 am

The chemical that makes your eyes water when you cut onions is sulfuric acid. This chemical us highly corrosive. The amount found in onions is small enough to cause only eye irritation and heart burn. However, increased consumption can be detrimental to your health. I'd recommend against it.

MoppyCGDaniels

Report this Jun. 03 2012, 9:45 am

Although I eat carbonhydrates in potatoes and even in antipesto as also vitamines likewise tomatoes. To not get ill I tend to enjoy meat. Don't forget the value of sugar & powdered milk in coffee.

Fleet Admiral Braxton

Report this Jun. 03 2012, 4:02 pm

You Know, Is Seems Everything We Consume Is Going To Kill Us Sooner Or Later, So, Why Bother Sweating Over It? Just Save The Pigging Out For Certain Occasions.

SpockType

Report this Jun. 07 2012, 12:45 pm

MoppyCGDaniels

Report this Jun. 07 2012, 1:34 pm

Quote: SpockType @ Jun. 07 2012, 12:45 pm

>I read that alkaline foods are the best ones for e.g. fighting cancer and decreasing its risks. Most fruits are acidic (except e.g. avos and tomatoes), and most vegetables are alkaline. Almond and Brazil nuts are also alkaline, and the other nuts acidic. There's also apricot seeds and plenty of Vitamin C.

Do you mean alkaline (acidic) batteries?

I was refering at vegetables alike tomatoes with vitamin E, F etc. Avocado- or apricot-fruits are mostly consistend of vitamin C.

miklamar

Report this Jun. 07 2012, 1:43 pm

Quote: SpockType @ Jun. 07 2012, 12:45 pm

That is fascinating!  These alkaline foods do all seem to have the same preventive ingredients.

RStar17

Report this Jun. 07 2012, 11:13 pm

I don't even bother. The experts change their minds every few years about if something is or isn't good for you.

caltrek2

Report this Jun. 14 2012, 5:13 pm

Food for thought indeed.

SpockType

Report this Sep. 14 2012, 4:42 pm

Apricot seeds are said to fight cancer. There's also e.g. the yellow spice turmeric, Chinese Green Tea, cloves, ginger, cinnamon, cherries, grapes, blueberries, goji berries, avos, apples, pomegranates, strawberries, kiwi fruits, hot chillies, mustard, graviola, and garlic.

This country, South Africa, likes yellow rice - being rice with turmeric.

miklamar

Report this Sep. 24 2012, 1:56 pm

Those are great products--all natural, too!  Who knew "medicine" could taste so delicious?