Plagues of the Night

skylight112

Report this May. 26 2012, 7:15 pm

I love my bookstore for putting this book out a few days early. No spoilers, but it was really really good. My only compliant is that I have to wait a month to see how the cliffhanger plays out.

randy.wiggins

Report this May. 27 2012, 6:43 pm

Color me jealous.  I have it on pre-order with B&N.com as I'm disabled and don't get out of the house much.  I ordered the paperback because that is what the rest of my Trek bok collection is but I have aquired them all in Nook format also, so I guess I'll probably end up buying the Nook version also.

Randy

Matthias Russell

Report this May. 29 2012, 5:28 pm

I'm reading it now.  So far, DRG III is explaining Sisko's mindset a lot better than he did in rough beasts of empire.

Skylight, if you want to discuss treklit, I suggest you go to the literature board at trekbbs.  You have a lot more readers there and some authors join in the conversation as well.

randy.wiggins

Report this May. 31 2012, 8:55 pm

I got my copy todaybut I am going to have to buy the e-book as well because the paperback print is just too dang small for my eyes.  I hate when they do this.  It was the same with the Dayton Ward book THAT WHICH DIVIDES. I couldn't see the print in that either.

Randy

DavidRGeorgeIII

Report this Jun. 01 2012, 2:53 am

Skylight, I'm glad to hear that you enjoyed Plagues of Night.

Matthias, I'm glad you seem to be enjoying PON, but I don't agree that I explained Sisko's mind-set any better there than in Rough Beasts of Empire. Everything that contributed to his emotional state and the actions he took are in RBoE. I think the only thing I specified in PON is the consistency with which he is acting; that is, I point out all the similar sorts of actions he took within the actual television show. Anyway, thanks for picking up the book and reading it; I appreciate it.

Best,
David

Ghemor136

Report this Jun. 26 2012, 7:09 pm

I enjoyed reading the book and the cliffhanger at the end is HUGE especially for a DS9 fan. I am finding however that the more books i read in the Typhon Pact series the more disapointed I am in the direction that that they seem to be taking the Deep Space Nine characters.

A few lines of explaination of how characters ended up where they are in a paragraph has been a monumental let down. I'm hoping that the next two books will answer these questions posed by the build up of the DS9 Relaunch books otherwise I'm not sure I will continue on with the story.

Has anyone felt the same?

Users browsing this forum: Drunkin Druid