ATTENTION: The Boards will be closed permanently on May 28th, 2014. Posting will be disabled on April 28th, 2014. More Info

Dressed Up or Not Dressed Up

shika_narks

GROUP: Members

POSTS: 852

Report this May. 12 2012, 10:07 pm

Which do you prefer, dressed up in costume or not dressed up??


Fun123fun8

GROUP: Members

POSTS: 399

Report this May. 13 2012, 9:22 am

Dress up! its your only chance to dress up with out anyone asking why or who. I feel left out when i dont waer a coustume to a convention


one time in six grade it had a pink wig one and everone asked why I wa wearing it. its just a wig!


want a hug

xXLadyDataXx

GROUP: Members

POSTS: 2297

Report this May. 13 2012, 9:55 pm

I prefer to dress up in costume. If I were to cosplay a guy character like Data for example I would cosplay a female version of him  and change the Star Trek outfit a bit and make it into a Lolita dress. (hopefully this won't cause any drama for politically correct Trekkie freaks lol)


DATAWORFfantotally

GROUP: Members

POSTS: 473

Report this May. 14 2012, 10:16 am

Quote: xXLadyDataXx @ May. 13 2012, 9:55 pm

>

>I prefer to dress up in costume. If I were to cosplay a guy character like Data for example I would cosplay a female version of him  and change the Star Trek outfit a bit and make it into a Lolita dress. (hopefully this won't cause any drama for politically correct Trekkie freaks lol)

>


you could get a hairnet and a wig and something that will flaten your chest unless you alread are flat chested... but then what would we do about the hips and the way females walk?


awkward silence...


I would make a good Romulan, mom said that when i'm mad, i look like a romulan, like my eyebrows do the thing to!


NOTHING THAT IS REAL IS REAL!

xXLadyDataXx

GROUP: Members

POSTS: 2297

Report this May. 15 2012, 1:48 pm

Quote: DATAWORFfantotally @ May. 14 2012, 10:16 am

Quote: xXLadyDataXx @ May. 13 2012, 9:55 pm

>

>

>I prefer to dress up in costume. If I were to cosplay a guy character like Data for example I would cosplay a female version of him  and change the Star Trek outfit a bit and make it into a Lolita dress. (hopefully this won't cause any drama for politically correct Trekkie freaks lol)

>

you could get a hairnet and a wig and something that will flaten your chest unless you alread are flat chested... but then what would we do about the hips and the way females walk?

awkward silence...

I would make a good Romulan, mom said that when i'm mad, i look like a romulan, like my eyebrows do the thing to!


Since when do females have a certain type of walk lol? I thought walking was walking  I do not have a flat chest lol


 


One of these days you should dress up like a Romulan 


Fun123fun8

GROUP: Members

POSTS: 399

Report this May. 15 2012, 4:10 pm

^lol  my mom says i walk funny. my sis said you can take away the chest with medical tape but that would hurt!.


i'm thinking about dressing up like a borg. they're not going to be any conventions in my area anytime soon  the only time you can dress up without being a midnight premire or convention or halloween is if you have atleast one other friend who is willing to dress up with you.


 


 


want a hug

FriendlyTrekker

GROUP: Members

POSTS: 220

Report this May. 17 2012, 6:27 am

I used to, but don't now.  The costumes are hot and uncomfortable, for the most part.  People are constantly stopping you for pictures if your costume is memorable enough.  Additionally, most costumes do not fit my facial features or body type unless I were to go with Velma from "Scooby-Doo" each year!


Your mileage may vary.


 


"It's difficult to work in a group when you're omnipotent"

RStar17

GROUP: Members

POSTS: 382

Report this May. 18 2012, 6:24 pm

Never been to a convention myself. I'd certainly want to go, and if you're gonna go, go all out.


I'd probably just do something simple like a early DS9/Voyager uniform or maybe a ST2-6 movie uniform.


Borg, Romulans and the such take a bit more costume effort/cosmetic talent than I'd be willing to give. Well guess the early white skinned, black leather domatrix Borg wouldn't be too hard.

wissa

GROUP: Members

POSTS: 4028

Report this May. 18 2012, 7:56 pm

well really, if you have a costume where else are you going to wear it?


We welcome st.com refugees! click on the image

FleetAdmiral_BamBam

GROUP: Members

POSTS: 46327

Report this May. 31 2012, 10:05 am

I've never invested in a costume, but if I ever do.... I'd wear it at a convention (which I haven't gone to one yet) and at the Star Trek viewing marathons that I host at my house.

Ultra Trek

GROUP: Members

POSTS: 431

Report this Jul. 28 2012, 9:56 am

I think it's cool. I was Doctor McCoy at the Nashville Convention.

caltrek2

GROUP: Members

POSTS: 2654

Report this Jul. 29 2012, 12:57 pm

I always dress up as a government bureaucrat.


Scares the s******* out of everbody.

xXLadyDataXx

GROUP: Members

POSTS: 2297

Report this Jul. 29 2012, 8:00 pm

Quote: caltrek2 @ Jul. 29 2012, 12:57 pm

>

>I always dress up as a government bureaucrat.

>Scares the s******* out of everbody.

>


Really? Then try dressing up as an FBI agent  


Ultra Trek

GROUP: Members

POSTS: 431

Report this Jul. 29 2012, 8:11 pm

I dsort of threw mine together. I found the quickest costume, and made it myself.

Roboto

GROUP: Members

POSTS: 3883

Report this Jul. 29 2012, 9:20 pm

Costume.


It's fun.


TRUST me.


I actually managed to impress Brent Spiner with my Data costume.


Forum Permissions

You cannot post new topics in this forum

You cannot reply to topics in this forum

You cannot delete posts in this forum