DS9 and Voyager - Which way should I watch them?

Jezza92

Report this May. 09 2012, 10:21 am

Hi, new member here, who is seeking the guidance from the fanbase.

PS, no spoilers please.

Chidori

Report this May. 09 2012, 11:07 am

If you're DS9'd out, go with Voyager for awhile. The two don't have much to do with each other, so I don't think it'll give anything away to watch Voyager. Then once you're Voy'd out, go back to DS9. You could also look it up to get a timeline as to which happened first (like DS9 starts off with Wolf359 from TNG) and watch it that way.

heronymous

Report this May. 09 2012, 3:29 pm

Hey Jezza ! personally , I think DS9 and Voyager are better than TNG . If you're going to stop DS9 , after Season 3 , is a good place to do it ! But I wouldn't jump into Voyager , as it is just as involving as Deep Space 9 . Voyager Season 1 might be okay . It would be better to take a break and get the Blu Ray TNG , as DS9 and Voyager are better made spin-off's .

miklamar

Report this May. 10 2012, 9:19 am

I think you could watch them at the same time, since neither seems to be very time-related to the other.  Besides, they're in different quadrants of the galaxy!

Sora

Report this May. 11 2012, 3:02 pm

I personally enjoy watching TNG and DS9 together at the point in which they aired together. And DS9 and Voyager together at the times they aired. DS9 began during Season 6 of TNG. Voyager begins during Season 3 of DS9. When DS9 ends it's 7th season, Voyager is ending it's 5th. Season 6 and 7 of Voyager are the only 2 seasons that the show was on it's own. DS9 is the only Trek series to never be completely on it's own except for very briefly in it's first half of Season 3.

OtakuJo

Report this May. 13 2012, 2:54 am

I'd recommend watching DS9 first, then Voyager. (more consistent that way, and some of Voyager builds on storylines established by DS9 and TNG, so you might get more out of them.)

Have you ever danced with a Tribble in the pale moonlight?

DammitJim6200

Report this May. 13 2012, 10:45 pm

Quote: Jezza92 @ May. 09 2012, 10:21 am

>Hi, new member here, who is seeking the guidance from the fanbase.

>With TNG coming out on Blu-ray I'm just starting to properly get back into Trek for the for the first time since I was about 6 and am currently watching DS9 at the moment, as I'm waiting for the Blu-ray season sets for TNG. At the moment I've just started watching Season Four, but after watching the first three seasons within about 4-6 weeks I've almost been DS9-ed out. I know this is where the show really starts to get interesting, but I'm looking for a bit of variety.

>Naturally then I'm thinking about also watching Voyager, because if I recall correctly not long before DS9: Season Four Voyager began, so I thought this would be a good place to start watching the show. Obviously though I don't know whether it'd be wise to watch the two at once, as per when they were originally shown on TV, which is why I've come here, seeking your wisdom.

>So, should I watch DS9 and Voyager at once, alternating between the two with each season, or should I just focus on DS9, as I’m quite far into it now?

>PS, no spoilers please.

My friend, don't torture yourself, you want variety then watch both shows, Look, you can watch two episodes of DS9 on, say, Monday then on Friday you can watch two episodes of Voyager, works for me !