Trek actors in favorite non-Trek roles.

edward.anderson

Report this May. 01 2012, 9:56 pm

It's pretty self-explanatory. What are some of your favorite non-Trek roles of Star Trek actors? And I mean anybody from the regulars to the recurring parts, (Rosalind Chao who played Keiko O'Brien regularly but didn't appear in every episode of DS9) to one time guest appearances, like Matt McCoy's one time appearance as Devinoni Ral in the TNG episode The Price for example. Basically anyone and everyone whose ever been in a TV episode or Star Trek movie.

I'll start. I really enjoyed Michael Ansara as the Draconian Kane on Buck Rogers In The 25th Century. Yeah, the show was cheesy and sometimes the plots were silly and lame but I thought he did a really good job in that role! He made Kane sympathetic even though he was one of the bad guys.

I think this will make for a very interesting discussion.

Ed

juliansgirl7

Report this May. 02 2012, 6:46 am

Alexander Siddig in Cairo Time

"Your quality will be known among your enemies before ever you meet them, my friend"-Alexander Siddig in Kingdom of Heaven

OtakuJo

Report this May. 02 2012, 7:18 am

I quite liked him in what rapidly became my second favourite show, Primeval.

And Cards on the Table (which I just finished a silly 2000 word essay about and it is so much different to the book!)

and...

Patrick Stewart I like in lots of stuff too especially X-Men.

Nana Visitor in Dark Angel (she was cool as a baddie)

and...

Denny Crane.

Have you ever danced with a Tribble in the pale moonlight?

___Lucifer___

Report this May. 02 2012, 8:07 am

Brent Spiner guest starred in a Law and Order: Criminal Intent episode I recently saw (s3e15)

Vger23

Report this May. 02 2012, 10:30 am

William Shatner as Denny Crane on Boston Legal (I'd love to say TJ Hooker, but that show was pretty bad)

Patrick Stewart as Professor X in the first X-Men movie and as Scrooge in A Christmas Carol.

Leonard Nimoy as William Bell on Fringe.

Levar Burton as Kunta in Roots.

Scott Bakula in Quantum Leap as Dr. Sam Beckett.

Rene Auberjonois as Paul Lewiston in Boston Legal and as Clayton Endicott in Benson.

Zachary Quinto in 24: Season 3 as Adam Kaufman

I AM KEE-ROCK!!

juliansgirl7

Report this May. 03 2012, 6:22 am

Nimoy also hosted "In Search Of" in the 70's

Keno78

Report this May. 03 2012, 2:48 pm

Colm Meaney in The Commitments, The Snapper and The Van.

OtakuJo

Report this May. 03 2012, 3:51 pm

Oh yeah -- Colm Meaney in The Englishman who went up a Hill and came down a Mountain.

Love that film!

Have you ever danced with a Tribble in the pale moonlight?

juliansgirl7

Report this May. 04 2012, 6:33 am

Quote: Keno78 @ May. 03 2012, 2:48 pm

>Colm Meaney in The Commitments, The Snapper and The Van.

In the Commitments, I loved his obsession with Elvis.  When one of the groups auditioning for his son sings "Elvis was a Cajun", Colm says "That's f***ing blasphemy!"

Just a Simple Tailor

Report this May. 13 2012, 10:46 am

Avery Brooks portrayed the character Hawk in Spenser: For Hire, as well as the spin-off A Man Called Hawk. Fantastic job from the always reliable Mr. Brooks.

And, how have we missed Armin Shimmerman's deliciously wormy performance as Principal Snyder in Buffy the Vampire Slayer TV series? Also, his brilliant performance as Andrew Ryan in Bioshock. AND a slew of other stuff all over TV and movies. Armin is awesome!

DocFanFive

Report this May. 13 2012, 1:21 pm

Quote: Vger23 @ May. 02 2012, 10:30 am

>Scott Bakula in Quantum Leap as Dr. Sam Beckett.

I love Quantum Leap. Not old enough to remember it when it was first on television, but I watch it now that the first season's on iTunes.

The guy who played Al in Quantum Leap was in an episode of Enterprise as well, I can't remember the name, though.

Call me Doc, 'k? StarTrek.com's Resident Holographic Whovian since 2010.

MoppyCGDaniels

Report this May. 13 2012, 1:34 pm

Though Rene Auberjonois played a Dr. from Area 51 in Independance Day as also in one of the Batman movies.

edit: btw it was Batman Forever.

Fleet Admiral Braxton

Report this May. 13 2012, 4:21 pm

It Would Have Been Neat To See Shatner Or Nimoy In A Guest Role On Ron Moore's Battlestar Galactica.