What is the best Con within driving distance of Louisville, KY?

RedTash

Report this Apr. 25 2012, 5:35 am

Okay.  All my life, I have always wanted to go to a Star Trek Con, and I have never been.

I have been to one awful Star Wars Con (Celebration II in Indy) that I barely was able to enjoy due to lines and crowding.  Last year, my family went to the teeny-but-fun Derby City ComicCon, which I enjoyed to the MAX.

So, I was thinking of trying to go to another this year, besides the lovely DCCC.

What would you recommend, within, say, six hours of Louisville, KY?

I am totally new to these things.  Just act as if you are talking to a bonafide alien.  Although I love all things Star Trek, the Con experience has been something totally new to me.

Thanks in advance!

Welena

Report this Apr. 26 2012, 7:10 pm

I think the closest one to your location is the convention in Cherry Hill/Philadelphia convention in May or Nashville in June.  Check the Creation website.  I think Creation does a decent job in putting on these events.  www.creationent.com

Enjoy

___Lucifer___

Report this Apr. 26 2012, 8:27 pm

Marcon in Columbus always kicks ass.

RedTash

Report this Apr. 27 2012, 3:56 am

Thanks for the recs!  Unfortunately Marcon was last month, & Philly is two days' drive.

StarTrek.com
Administrator

GROUP: Moderators

Report this May. 05 2012, 7:08 pm

Try Nashville, TN on June 9 & 10 with Sir Patrick Stewart, Jonathan Frakes, LeVar Burton, George Takei, Nichelle Nichols and more.  Details at http://creationent.com/cal/st_nashville.html

FriendlyTrekker

Report this May. 17 2012, 6:21 am

You could try Mid-Ohio Comic con or Starbase Indy in Indianapolis which is usually held Thanksgiving Weekend.

"It's difficult to work in a group when you're omnipotent"

burgetribe

Report this May. 18 2012, 11:24 am

I have 2 tickets to the Nashville Trek Convention with a photo-op for Patrick Stewart. I know he's not going to be there, but I believe it can be used for some of the others. I am will to sell them for the price I paid. They are e-tickets, so I can forward them easily. Please let me know if anyone is interested. I cannot attend the convention. Thanks in advance.

Michelle (mother of 4)

burgetribe

Report this May. 18 2012, 11:30 am

Also, they are the gold weekend package. You get access to both days. Thanks again.

RedTash

Report this May. 28 2012, 6:06 am

Thanks for the replies!  I will check our calendar.