Does everyone still hate the Jews in the 24th century - Picard's Era

Garfield-Nut

Report this Apr. 17 2012, 10:39 am

By the 23rd Century and 24th century, did all Anti-Semitism and Anti-Zionism(Same thing basically) come to an End, and the Jewish people are Just as Loved and Not-Hated as the Irish Catholics in America in 2012, Do the Jewish People even exist in the Future "Star Trek" Universe

Garfield-Nut

Report this Apr. 17 2012, 10:40 am

Truth be Told, my father is Jewish, On a New Star Trek Television Series, I would like to see a male or female Jewish Character, Not really Religious but Racially Jewish and PROUD of it, taking place in the 24th century or Later, to show that the Jewish people still exist in the Future

OtakuJo

Report this Apr. 17 2012, 5:05 pm

The Enterprise, DS9, Voyager, and even all the other ships you see on screen are only meant to represent a tiny percentage of the fleet. Just because you don't see someone on the screen -- does not mean they don't "exist", or are even implied not to exist. I hope that answers your question.

No, there is absolutely no implication of anti-Semitism in the 24th century. Most of the "racism" portrayed tends to be inter-special. (Worf hates Romulans, O'Brien hates Cardassians, Riker hates Ferengi etc...)

And trust me, one thing that would utterly ruin Star Trek would be for a character to slip into the role of "That [insert random minority here] guy".

Have you ever danced with a Tribble in the pale moonlight?

guillermo.mejía

Report this Apr. 17 2012, 8:15 pm

Gene Rondenberry was atheist...he didn't believe in religion, so you wouldn't see ANY religion in the show, at least while he was alive.

RedVengeance

Report this Apr. 17 2012, 9:59 pm

I doubt it... but then, they do have a lot of Nazi-themed episodes.

I drink, therefore I am.

Garfield-Nut

Report this Apr. 18 2012, 11:20 am

Yes, but why does EVERYBODY hate Jews and Israel right now in 2012

RedVengeance

Report this Apr. 18 2012, 11:55 am

Quote: Garfield-Nut @ Apr. 18 2012, 11:20 am

>  Yes, but why does EVERYBODY hate Jews and Israel right now in 2012

I don't know, but I know that EVERYBODY, in this context, doesn't include me.

I drink, therefore I am.

OtakuJo

Report this Apr. 18 2012, 2:57 pm

Simple answer: They don't.

Although the Israeli gov't treatment of the Palestinians hasn't exactly done much to endear them to people.

Have you ever danced with a Tribble in the pale moonlight?

Broadstorm

Report this Apr. 18 2012, 3:58 pm

"Most of the "racism" portrayed tends to be inter-special. (Worf hates Romulans, O'Brien hates Cardassians, Riker hates Ferengi etc...)"

O'Brien said he didn't hate Cardassians, but that he hated what he became because of them.  I doubt that Riker was intended to hate Ferengi.  You may be thinking of The Price when he said to get the visiting Ferengi quarters, but not too close to his, but I took that as meaning he quickly picked up on their arrogance.  Remember that he spent time at Quark's and left with Quark in debt to him.

OtakuJo

Report this Apr. 18 2012, 8:06 pm

Perhaps "hate" is an overly simple word -- I acknowledge that, but I was in rather a hurry when I wrote the above post.

It would be fair to say that in each case, the characters do express certain antithetical attitudes to each of these species.

Can you imagine though if someone used those words "But not too close to mine" of a real life ethnic group? We would not be making laid-back comments about the arrogance of the visitors.

Have you ever danced with a Tribble in the pale moonlight?

RedVengeance

Report this Apr. 18 2012, 8:44 pm

The sad, unfortunate reality is that the Jews have been persecuted all throughout history, going back as far as Babylon, through the Roman Empire, through the Middle Ages, all the way up to now.

By the same token, however, it says something: the fact that they have been persecuted so much and for so long, yet they're still here.

Yes indeed, that definitely says something.

I drink, therefore I am.

Garfield-Nut

Report this Apr. 19 2012, 12:04 pm

About the a-holes at the  United Nations- aka  United Nazis  This is  Freedom of Speech,, they always condemn Israel for defending itself from Arab and "Palestinian" Terrorists, like ANY Normal nation would do, Yet NEVER ONCE do those Nazi Pigs at the United Nations condemn the Arab and Palestinians for attacking innocent Jews,  see the book  "The Case for Israel" by Alan Dershowitz, available at bookstores like  Barnes and Nobles, never mind the fact Dershowitz is Jewish he presents the TRUTH, NO ONE is able to refute "The Case for Israel"  As usual the whole world persecutes the Jews

RedVengeance

Report this Apr. 19 2012, 12:17 pm

OK, this is getting way out of the scope of Star Trek.

I drink, therefore I am.

donald.kindy

Report this Apr. 19 2012, 12:41 pm

first of all i have to coorect you on something. anti-semitism and ant-zionist are not even close to the same thing.

but to answer your question. by the 24th century humanity has out grown all this god nonsense(how do you think earth is one of the most peaceful places in the galaxy?) and without their religion the jewish culture kind of just blended in with the rest of humanity.

Garfield-Nut

Report this Apr. 20 2012, 7:21 am

Yes, but answer my Questions about the U.N.