Could a lone Jedi take down a starship?

Created by: klingon jedi

klingon jedi

Report this Apr. 17 2012, 12:35 am

I'd imagine if the crew knows there's a jedi on board they could probably find a way to stop him, but I'm also pretty sure the jedi can go undetected if he's real good... any major deciding factors I'm not considering?

klingon jedi

Report this Apr. 17 2012, 2:00 am

In all those episodes, they always found a way to take the ship back. Data had access to computer codes and a knowledge of the ship that no jedi would have. For every person thats taken over the ship, there's been someone with some weird special power placed in the brig... i just dont know

Hugues

Report this Apr. 17 2012, 5:05 am

There are no Jedi in the Star Trek universe.

It's not canon and as such it not exists.

DS9 RULES!!!!!

Mitchz95

Report this Apr. 17 2012, 5:35 am

^ Considering the number of spatial/temporal anomalies in the ST universe, it possible that one might open that leads to a galaxy far, far away...

I'd probably bet on the Jedi; their magical "force" is apparently capable of anything.

klingon jedi

Report this Apr. 17 2012, 11:22 am

if a borg cube can challenge the death star, then a jedi can infiltrate a starship...  force does seem capable of a lot, but so does a starship. intruder alerts, forcefields that can be activated to trap them anywhere in the ship once found out. I'm not sayin it cant be done, but it certainly wouldn't be easy.

On a side note, why don't jedi use the force to lift themselves and fly? All the running around and jumping from place to place seems kinda pointless.

Raven_CWG

Report this Apr. 17 2012, 12:33 pm

Chidori

Report this Apr. 17 2012, 2:31 pm

I think it would depend too much on which race, which ship, and the abilities of the force-wielder. While all are trained in basic areas, each have their own area of expertise (Anakin was talented with electronics and robotics), just as each race tends toward certain tactics (Klingons prefer force, Romulans prefer subterfuge, etc.) and each ship is designed and built for certain reasons (science, exploration, etc.).

Fleet Admiral Braxton

Report this Apr. 17 2012, 4:00 pm

Put A Jedi In The Anti-Matter Storage Compartment,And.....

randy kerr

Report this Apr. 17 2012, 4:18 pm

frag no way.

i love all star trek shows and movies.

cowgirlcadet

Report this Apr. 17 2012, 5:03 pm

Quote: Raven_CWG @ Apr. 17 2012, 12:33 pm

>I voted "Whoever gets lucky" because I like both Trek and Wars. However, I do agree with this.

>\/  \/  \/

>Could a Jedi take down a Federation starship? Possibly. But a better question would be "why would he want to?". I would generally assume that if they ever met the Jedi would most likely end up working with the Federation, not fighting against them--as a result there would be no reason for them to want to take down a Federation ship. Your question, therefore, probably would have made more sense if you had asked if a Sith Lord could take down a Starship. A Sith would certainly have the physical means to do it, but whether he would actually succeed or not would depend on who was telling the story.

"Be one with the horse." - Kirk to Spock, The Final Frontier.

klingon jedi

Report this Apr. 17 2012, 6:49 pm

it's a hypothetical opinion poll, that's why they're fighting lol

How about if the federation was at war with the galactic empire back when all the jedi were still around, or they have a treaty and the jedi is a from the rebel alliance, maybe it is a sith lord, or a mirror world starship.. lets just say that the jedi council ordered it for some reason. and now its on.

some other points of thought, how would the jedi get on the ship in the first place, and if he does take the ship, could the crew win it back?

RedVengeance

Report this Apr. 17 2012, 10:01 pm

Man, enough with the warsie vs. trekkie threads already. OK. Enough enough enough!!!

I drink, therefore I am.

klingon jedi

Report this Apr. 18 2012, 8:31 am

NEVER!!!!  lol

chr33355

Report this Apr. 18 2012, 10:47 am

It is possible especially given the low number of actual soilders on board trek ships.

RedVengeance

Report this Apr. 18 2012, 11:48 am

All right, let me try this one more time. Yes, I know I'm wasting my breath, but it's not as though I have a life or anything, so here goes:

Warsie vs. Trekkie threads should be done away with, once and for all, for good and forever. You see, there was a time when I got caught up in them - and I do mean feverishly, passionately caught up in them; but then one day I came to my senses. Suddenly, just like that, the preoverbial lightbulb over my head came on, and I finally saw how ridiculous they are.

For one thing, Star Wars and Star Trek shouldn't be compared. They are absolutely different. They both have spaceships, but that's where all similarities end. Star Trek is about exploration and diplomacy. Star Wars is a Western in space.

Besides, George Lucas himself has said that he wants nothing to with any of these debates.

So, on pleading on the part of reason and sanity, I implore you all: let it end. Let's this madness, this absurdity, this farcical lunacy come to an end.

I drink, therefore I am.