Will there EVER be another Star Trek Television Series

Garfield-Nut

Report this Apr. 16 2012, 10:52 am

I live in New York City, USA (I know I screwed up with the Info about what country and time-zone I live in) the computer was Jammed, NOT my fault, don't Penalize me,  Both Voyager, and Enterprise which came out in 2001 were on UPN channel 9- In New York City,  IF there is EVER another Star Trek  Television Series, what will it be called, and when /what century will it take place

stovokor2000-A

POSTS: 2001

Report this Apr. 16 2012, 12:14 pm

Voyager first came out in 1995.

Photobucket

Fun123fun8

Report this Apr. 16 2012, 2:07 pm

maby one of us could become a writer in hollywood and make a new one! maby the new star trek movie will bring in more fans wich could mean another series. I dont know I cant tell the future

want a hug

klingon jedi

Report this Apr. 16 2012, 11:11 pm

I've always thought it would be cool to see a series that just focused on 1 or 2 people in some decked out runabout or something, like hurcules/xena or the fugitive, but in the trek universe.  Someone get on the line with CW for me,

Mitchz95

Report this Apr. 17 2012, 5:38 am

Here's my idea:

The setting is in the Alpha/Beta Quadrants from 2387 onward. Basically, it depicts happenings in the region following the destruction of Romulus. The Romulans are having tons of problems, both political (they lost their capital world, after all) and not (Klingons are invading?). Tons of other powers, both known and unknown, are taking advantage of the chaos, and the Federation tries to stay afloat during all of this.

The show should be set on the USS Resolute (preferably an escort, perhaps an Akira- or Norway-class) that's travelling the region doing missions for Starfleet, and which keeps getting dragged into conflicts between opposing factions. It wouldn't do a lot of exploring, but it would frequently encounter previously unknown races that are beseiging the region.

Characters: must have a non-human captain. Gender doesn't matter to me. I would like to see an exotic-looking alien in the senior staff; perhaps a Bolian, Andorian, or Cardassian. Someone whose race has their own agenda, and who must choose between helping his/her people or the Federation (like Worf).

What do you think?

OtakuJo

Report this Apr. 17 2012, 6:35 am

The thing I would like to see most: Something set after the end of Voyager. (A few decades later, perhaps.) I'm not fussy as long as it's good quality television. But I don't think it's coming any time soon -- and honestly, I don't think it should come soon. I know I've said this before, but better to wait a while and build up the interest of general public -- and also to allow new ideas to mature a little -- rather than rush something out that's less than half-ready. Too many shows do make that mistake.

Have you ever danced with a Tribble in the pale moonlight?

Lt. Nkrumah

Report this Apr. 17 2012, 9:42 am

I FOR ONE DEFINITELY LOVE TO SEE ANOTHER STAR TREK SERIES.

HOWEVER, I THINK THAT THERE WAS A BIT OF "FLIPPERY" FROM CERTAIN PRODUCERS AND NETWORKS WHEN STAR TREK SERIES WERE DOMINATING THE AIR WAVES: REMEMBER, TNG, DS9 AND VOYAGER WERE ON ALL THE TIME AND ON MOST NETWORKS FOR A WHILE. THE BASIC THOUGHT WAS TO STICK WITH "THE TRIED AND TRUE' - STAR TREK.

IF YOU LISTEN TO A FEW INTERVIEWS/COMMENTARIES FROM CREATOR OF BABYLON 5 YOU HEAR THIS SENTIMENT. HE WENT THROUGH A LOT OF REJECTIONS BEFORE HIS SHOW GOT AIRPLAY BECAUSE NETWORKS DID NOT WANT TO RISK AIRING SOMETHING THAT WASN'T OF THE SAME CALIBER AS STAR TREK.

ALSO, THERE WERE A LOT OF FOLKS (TV BIG WIGS) WHO GOT  TIRED OF STAR TREK SERIES. IT IS HARD FOR ME TO ACCEPT THIS TRUTH BUT ... IF YOU DOUBT THIS, GIVE A LISTEN TO SOME OF THE COMMENTS MADE BY RONALD D. MOORE (HE WORKED ON MORE THAN A FEW DS9 EPISODES), SOME OF TEH STANDARDS THAT STAR TREK PRODUCERS PUT ON THE ACTORS/DIRECTORS/WRITERS WAS A BIT STIFLING.  FOR EXAMPLE, ACTORS HAD TO MEMORIZE AND RECITE THEIR LINES WORD PERFECT; THEY WERE NOT ALLOWED ANY CREATIVE LICENSE, I.E. IMPROVISING LINES. MY POINT IS THAT BY THE TIME VOYAGER AND DS9 WENT OFF THE AIR THERE WERE MORE THAN A FEW TV BIG WIGS THAT WERE READY TO TRY A NEW TWIST. BABYLON 5 PROVED TO BE MORE SUCCESSFUL/POPULAR THAN WAS ORIGINALLY THOUGHT - 5 YEARS FOR A SERIES IS FAIRLY IMPRESSIVE!

THE ABSENCE OF STAR TREK LEFT A VOID THAT A LOT OF SCI-FI PRODUCERS WERE EXCITED TO FILL, THEN THE NEW BATTLE STAR GALACTICA BLEW EVERYTHING OUT OF THE WATER, EVEN THE WEBISODES AND RAZOR WERE AWESOME. A DIFFERENT UNIVERSE, DIFFERENT CHARACTERS, DIFFERENT TONE/STYLE - IT WORKED.  THEN CAME CAPRICA, A FEW STARGATE SERIES ... THE MAJORITY OF THE VIEWER-PUBLIC HAS MOVED AWAY FROM STAR TREK.

I WANT TO SEE A NEW STAR TREK SERIES!! HOWEVER, A NEW WATERMARK HAS BEEN SET AND IT WILL HAVE TO GO TOE-TO-TOE WITH A GENERATION WHO CUT THEIR TEETH ON BSG, SG-1, CAPRICA AND EVEN DIEHARD SCI-FI MOVIE FANS. IN OTHER WORDS, THE TV LANDSCAPE HAS CHANGED. I AM TEMPTED TO SUGGEST THAT A NEW STAR TREK SERIES SHOULD TEST THE WATERS ON THE INTERNET WITH WEBISODES. WHATEVER STORYPLOT IT HAS SHOULD DEFINITELY INCLUDE THE BORG (THERE IS NO BETTER NEMESIS ON ANY - REPEAT! - ANY SERIES ON TV RIGHT NOW!).

WELL, THAT'S MY SPIEL...

"Gideon Crew: Battle-ready ALWAYS AND IN ALL WAYS!"

Users browsing this forum: heronymous