Which captain would make the best teacher?

Created by: the bungalo bill

the bungalo bill

Report this Apr. 07 2012, 11:47 am

Definitely not Kirk.

Mitchz95

Report this Apr. 07 2012, 8:20 pm

trek_sooner

Report this Apr. 07 2012, 8:28 pm

Janeway would make the best teacher. Janeway had to teach the Marquis to be good Federation crewship members and officers,she even taught her crew to accept Marquis as fellow crew members.

clover_data

Report this Apr. 07 2012, 9:53 pm

Picard would make a great teacher because of his vast knowledge, but inorder to 'save' he would make a good upperclassmen teacher in highschool.

"It is possible to commit no mistakes and still lose. That is not a weakness, that is life." - Picard

janewayjunkie74656

Report this Apr. 07 2012, 10:10 pm

Quote: Mitchz95 @ Apr. 07 2012, 8:20 pm

>I would probably say Janeway. Kirk's too crazy, Picard doesn't really like children, Archer's kind of impatient, and Sisko's a bit too...not really sure what word to use.

>I think Janeway has the best "teacher" personality, as was demonstrated numerous times througout VOY as she helped Seven of Nine learn more about herself and humanity.

^^ What he said.

hox23

Report this Apr. 07 2012, 11:52 pm

i would say janeway she is smart and patient

PetShopBoysMontyPythonSta
rTrekLover1997

Report this Apr. 08 2012, 7:20 pm

Picard...yep definatly Picard

Photobucket

TheDriver

Report this Apr. 09 2012, 7:58 am

I think Janeway's the right answer here.

Her curiosity, love of science, and command ability would translate well to teaching.

"Smoke me a kipper. I'll be back for breakfast."

stovokor2000-A

POSTS: 2001

Report this Apr. 09 2012, 8:24 am

I'd say Picard and Spock

Photobucket

miklamar

Report this Apr. 09 2012, 12:00 pm

Picard, in some books, is a professor, so I think he would be the best teacher.

OneDamnMinuteAdmiral

Report this Apr. 10 2012, 7:54 am

Janeway would be the best teacher, she already knows how to rock that teacher bun.

Picard could do it as well.

Are you sure it isn't time for a colorful metaphor?

Beershark

Report this Apr. 10 2012, 6:22 pm

I'll go with Picard. (who said he HAD to teach children?)

Kirk, just wouldn't be comfortable in the role. He preferred to be in the thick of the action.

Archer, he's a politician.

Sisko, he shows no interest in teaching. He'll open a restaraunt on DS9 or Bajor.

Janeway, well she'll be on the lecture circuit for years.

CORPORATIONS AREN'T PEOPLE! Soylent Green is people.

TheDriver

Report this Apr. 11 2012, 8:05 am

The only Trek regulars who did end up teaching at Starfleet Academy:

- Spock (command) - between ST:TMP and STII:TWOK

- Crusher (medical) - between TNG Season 1 and TNG Season 3

- O'Brien (engineering) - at the end of DS9 Season 7

Am I missing anyone?

"Smoke me a kipper. I'll be back for breakfast."

Hugues

Report this Apr. 11 2012, 8:18 am

I would say Sisko. He had to raise his son on his own and did a good job.

And, honestly, being teached by the Emissary, no other captain can top that.

DS9 RULES!!!!!

Hugues

Report this Apr. 11 2012, 8:22 am

Quote: stovokor2000-A @ Apr. 09 2012, 8:24 am

>I'd say Picard and Spock

The question was: which captain...

DS9 RULES!!!!!