ATTENTION: The Boards will be closed permanently on May 28th, 2014. Posting will be disabled on April 28th, 2014. More Info

ds9: raktajino

HadassahJoy

GROUP: Members

POSTS: 203

Report this Apr. 05 2012, 6:24 pm

I so want one! looks so yummy! lol  xD


Blockman

GROUP: Members

POSTS: 520

Report this Apr. 06 2012, 5:10 am

lol. That's how you spell it?


HadassahJoy

GROUP: Members

POSTS: 203

Report this Apr. 06 2012, 8:45 am

I found how  to spell it from google lol


FleetAdmiral_BamBam

GROUP: Members

POSTS: 46342

Report this Apr. 06 2012, 9:58 am

looks like coffee & hot chocolate to me.


stovokor2000-A

GROUP: Members

POSTS: 2001

Report this Apr. 06 2012, 6:03 pm

Quote: FleetAdmiral_BamBam @ Apr. 06 2012, 9:58 am

>

>looks like coffee & hot chocolate to me.

>
I believe thats what my wife said it tasted like.


I bouight a bag that was selling at the Star Trek experance.


Photobucket

HadassahJoy

GROUP: Members

POSTS: 203

Report this Apr. 06 2012, 10:25 pm

really? sweet! I love Hot Coco and Coffee lol     thanks guys  


Molkite

GROUP: Members

POSTS: 9

Report this Apr. 08 2012, 2:53 am

If you manage to make a version let us know! I have tried and failed many times...

OtakuJo

GROUP: Members

POSTS: 16362

Report this Apr. 08 2012, 8:58 pm

Quote: FleetAdmiral_BamBam @ Apr. 06 2012, 9:58 am

>

>looks like coffee & hot chocolate to me.

>

>


I'd have to re-watch For the Cause but I'm not sure that's a raktajino.


(I learn how to spell Star Trek names etc from the DVD subtitles because I used to watch them with stupid noisy neighbours in the next flat along. Thankfully the neighbours are quieter now!)


Have you ever danced with a Tribble in the pale moonlight?

stovokor2000-A

GROUP: Members

POSTS: 2001

Report this Apr. 08 2012, 11:24 pm

Quote: OtakuJo @ Apr. 08 2012, 8:58 pm

Quote: FleetAdmiral_BamBam @ Apr. 06 2012, 9:58 am

>

>

>looks like coffee & hot chocolate to me.

>

>

I'd have to re-watch For the Cause but I'm not sure that's a raktajino.


it is.


Photobucket

TheDriver

GROUP: Members

POSTS: 1652

Report this Apr. 09 2012, 4:39 am

Considering the cast continually referred to raktajino as "Klingon coffee," I always assumed it was probably a very dark, very strong, you-drink-it-black blend.


And I don't ever recall seeing it outside of a funky opaque mug.


The pic in this thread makes it look like a root beer float! I mean, aren't those two scoops of ice cream?!?


I'm with OtakuJo... That doesn't strike me as a raktajino.


"Smoke me a kipper. I'll be back for breakfast."

stovokor2000-A

GROUP: Members

POSTS: 2001

Report this Apr. 09 2012, 8:05 am

I agree, it doesnt look like what you might expect............but that is a close up shot of the drink.


Photobucket

TheDriver

GROUP: Members

POSTS: 1652

Report this Apr. 09 2012, 8:13 am

From what episode?


"Smoke me a kipper. I'll be back for breakfast."

stovokor2000-A

GROUP: Members

POSTS: 2001

Report this Apr. 09 2012, 8:27 am

Quote: TheDriver @ Apr. 09 2012, 8:13 am

>

>From what episode?

>


DS9, season4, "for the cause"


 

Photobucket

TheDriver

GROUP: Members

POSTS: 1652

Report this Apr. 09 2012, 9:10 am

Okay, so I looked it up...


And here's the synopsis from Memory Alpha:


"Jake himself enjoyed his raktajino extra sweet, and drank it with makapa bread, which when dipped in the raktajino would induce it to froth up with a peppermint-flavored foam. This was, apparently, not a very common pairing, as Benjamin, a dedicated raktajino drinker, was surprised the first time he witnessed it." (DS9: "For the Cause")


So yeah, that image is not what a raktajino normally looks like.


Again, I'm going with dark and strong (and always-drink-it-black). I mean, it's Klingon coffee after all...


"Smoke me a kipper. I'll be back for breakfast."

stovokor2000-A

GROUP: Members

POSTS: 2001

Report this Apr. 09 2012, 11:10 am

Quote: TheDriver @ Apr. 09 2012, 9:10 am

>

>Okay, so I looked it up...

>And here's the synopsis from Memory Alpha:

>"Jake himself enjoyed his raktajino extra sweet, and drank it with makapa bread, which when dipped in the raktajino would induce it to froth up with a peppermint-flavored foam. This was, apparently, not a very common pairing, as Benjamin, a dedicated raktajino drinker, was surprised the first time he witnessed it." (DS9: "For the Cause")

>So yeah, that image is not what a raktajino normally looks like.

>Again, I'm going with dark and strong (and always-drink-it-black). I mean, it's Klingon coffee after all...

>
kool, I didnt remember asll that


Photobucket

Forum Permissions

You cannot post new topics in this forum

You cannot reply to topics in this forum

You cannot delete posts in this forum