October 2012 Star Trek London

deannastartreker

Report this Apr. 04 2012, 1:00 pm

If I'm allowed to go, this could be my first convention. Any comments about the up and coming London October 2012 Star Trek convention?

The Nightwish devil child speaks all . . . and Finnish

Ensign Thomas

Report this Apr. 04 2012, 1:32 pm

Hello again!  If I get a ticket, it will be my first convention, too.  It looks like it should be a lot of fun.  So far, details are sparse, but it said something in the e-mail about there being more to follow on 16th April, I think.

All very exciting, though!

deannastartreker

Report this Apr. 04 2012, 1:41 pm

whenis Star Trek not fun and exciting? can't wait!

The Nightwish devil child speaks all . . . and Finnish

CloudMinder2

Report this Apr. 05 2012, 7:04 am

Blimey that's exciting - recently people were saying there was little sign of a UK full-blown Trek convention

this would be my first convention - think i might have to go for it - particularly if they get some half-decent TOS actors

"There are always alternatives" Spock

Jonathn

Report this Apr. 11 2012, 1:43 pm

I'm excited about this as well. I've never been to any convention before!

Commodore Rhed Nhek

Report this Apr. 16 2012, 8:38 am

personally....i think Sean David Kenney (the original Capt Pike*invalid*) should be invited to the London convention, he shared the honor of being the "1st" Capt of the Enterprise with Jeffery Hunter(who has long since passed away) in "The Menagerie" parts 1 & 2...it is only right that he take his place with the other esteemed captains of the Starship Enterprise...any1 else? your thoughts??

Commodore_Dingbat

Report this Apr. 17 2012, 12:58 am

Maybe he was invited but declined? Who knows....?

Anyway, I bought my ticket this morning. I'll be travelling down by train, I loathe and detest driving in London...!

I'm going on the Saturday, if I win the lottery in the meantime, I'll buy a VIP ticket at that terribly inflated price....

CloudMinder2

Report this Apr. 17 2012, 8:04 am

He wouldn't have much to say though would he: "well, i was heavily made up and sat in a wheelchair thing - it was great..."

Leaving that aside, i'm definitely going to this.

"There are always alternatives" Spock

imzadi_x

Report this Apr. 19 2012, 4:31 am

Better start saving my money now. I'm a college student so i'm pretty broke. I'll need flights to London and accomodation too, but I'm not missing this for the world.

"On Vulcan, the teddy-bears are alive, and they have 6 inch fangs." Spock

triplittleminx

Report this Apr. 24 2012, 3:32 pm

I am thinking of going just got to decide which day to do

deannastartreker

Report this Apr. 25 2012, 10:45 am

i'm going on the saturday with my dad - he's paying!

The Nightwish devil child speaks all . . . and Finnish

megan512

Report this Apr. 28 2012, 7:20 am

I would love to go, but I'm already going to London in December! If only Star Trek London was two months later, LOL.

It looks like it will be fun! I hope that everyone that goes has a great time!

SpockType

Report this Apr. 28 2012, 2:20 pm

I'm in South Africa. It would be nice if I could take a trip up there, to see it.

And, it's just 3 months after the Olympics - also there.

joanna.knowles

Report this Apr. 28 2012, 10:37 pm

So jealous of London right now. I'm Australian, and simply can't afford the travel. It looks like an amazing event - I hope that everyone who is going has a wonderful time!

"We're Starfleet officers. Weird is part of the job." - Janeway

CloudMinder2

Report this May. 02 2012, 7:28 am

Just got a basic ticket for the saturday

Question from a conference newbie: apart from getting an official photoshoot ticket, are there any other opportunities to grab a quick pic, ie do the guests go on a 'walkabout' at all?

"There are always alternatives" Spock