WARNING TO STAR TREK CONVENTION GOERS

Cartography

Report this Apr. 02 2012, 1:44 pm

WARNING TO STAR TREK CONVENTION GOERS:
Police in many Southern and Midwestern small cities and towns are engaging in saturation patrols with Police Anti-Drug Canine Units along major highways going into cities where Star Trek Conventions are occuring. This enforcement effort includes searches of cars which probably violates the 4th Amendment! I have been hearing about this problem from emails within the Star Trek Fan Inner Circle, but no links that I could post with the report until today

Fun123fun8

Report this Apr. 02 2012, 5:21 pm

what the heck! who dose this cop think he is?!

FleetAdmiral_BamBam

Report this Apr. 03 2012, 8:49 am

I happened to see that yesterday and was wondering if someone would post that....

Beershark

Report this Apr. 17 2012, 9:19 pm

I'm sorry. I seem to have missed the part about law enforcement targeting Star Trek conventions, even though I read the article twice. Could you please cite the specific paragraph and line?

CORPORATIONS AREN'T PEOPLE! Soylent Green is people.

ShockSupernova

Report this Apr. 21 2012, 8:15 am

I'm going to have to agree with Beershark.  The only time that it's even mentioned that the people who were pulled over by the police were Star Trek Convention Attendees was in the opening paragraph of the article. There is nothing else that supports that the police are targeting Trekkies.  Sounds kind of idiotic, really.  You'd think they'd target the custom tricked out pimp-rides you'd expect drug dealers to drive.

While I strongly agree that the police officer did take advantage of his position in this situation, and question the validity of his actions, I highly doubt that the police are looking to target convention-goers.

"You'd shoot a man in the back?" "Well, it's the safest way, isn't it?"

FleetAdmiral_BamBam

Report this Apr. 21 2012, 12:46 pm

I never took the article as the cops targeting Trekkies - only that it happened to be Trekkies that had to endure this.

FleetAdmiral_BamBam

Report this Apr. 22 2012, 11:57 am

Quote: /view_profile/ @

>If you have nothing in your possession or inside the vehicle that is illegal or are doing nothing illegal, you have nothing to fear except a little inconvenience and losing a few minutes if you are pulled over.

>So get a grip and get a life and don't worry..

>If however you are or behaving illegally, tough cheeze and you deserve to have the book tossed at you and your holiday ruined IMO - you'll get no sympathy from me.

Uhhh...... NO!  The government just pulling people over just because they want to is wrong.

randy kerr

Report this Apr. 22 2012, 12:06 pm

not here in san antonio texas.

i love all star trek shows and movies.

Users browsing this forum: Knightly23