ATTENTION: The Boards will be closed permanently on May 28th, 2014. Posting will be disabled on April 28th, 2014. More Info

Picard could have had Dr Crusher If he wanted..

jscm3677

GROUP: Members

POSTS: 1

Report this Mar. 31 2012, 4:26 pm

I think that Picard did not pursue a relationship with Dr. Crusher due to the fact the was already "married" to his ship. Also, he had made it clear on numerous occasions how he felt a command officer, particularly the captain, needed to be seen by the crew. A relationship that could be witnessed by those under his command was not something Picard felt would be appropriate.

Vger23

GROUP: Members

POSTS: 6799

Report this Apr. 02 2012, 12:23 pm

DJ...


 


In your heart, you KNOW why...


 


OtakuJo

GROUP: Members

POSTS: 16362

Report this Apr. 02 2012, 2:17 pm

Because they had become very good friends, and he still had entirely understandable reservations about dating his late best friend's widow.


Have you ever danced with a Tribble in the pale moonlight?

PetShopBoysMontyPythonSta
rTrekLover1997

GROUP: Members

POSTS: 109

Report this Apr. 08 2012, 10:57 pm

crusher and picard


 


yep........totally 


 


Photobucket

Roboto

GROUP: Members

POSTS: 3883

Report this Apr. 09 2012, 7:05 pm

Quote: Vger23 @ Apr. 02 2012, 12:23 pm

>

>DJ...

>In your heart, you KNOW why...

>

>


Blegh. That's not even funny...


Seriously, every time there is a Picard/Beverly scene I find myself screaming at the television screen-- either in my head or quite audibly-- and crying for some romantic justice. These two are just perfect for one another.


I suppose, though, that they never wanted to marry off any characters. They waited until the films to marry Riker and Troi as it was.


DammitJim6200

GROUP: Members

POSTS: 6876

Report this Apr. 10 2012, 3:42 am

Quote: Vger23 @ Apr. 02 2012, 12:23 pm

>

>DJ...

>In your heart, you KNOW why...

>

>


OH Vger, my ol' "Nemesis", why must you contaminate my threads with your immature stupidity and jealousy of Picard, you know Jean Luc is the best captain so play nice.

Vger23

GROUP: Members

POSTS: 6799

Report this Apr. 10 2012, 5:42 am

Quote: DammitJim6200 @ Apr. 10 2012, 3:42 am

Quote: Vger23 @ Apr. 02 2012, 12:23 pm

>

>

>DJ...

>In your heart, you KNOW why...

>

>

OH Vger, my ol' "Nemesis", why must you contaminate my threads with your immature stupidity and jealousy of Picard, you know Jean Luc is the best captain so play nice.


 


Sorry DJ...it was a low-blow...but I couldn't resist the urge to take a stab.


 


 


I AM KEE-ROCK!!

Roboto

GROUP: Members

POSTS: 3883

Report this Apr. 10 2012, 3:14 pm

Quote: Vger23 @ Apr. 10 2012, 5:42 am

Quote: DammitJim6200 @ Apr. 10 2012, 3:42 am

Quote: Vger23 @ Apr. 02 2012, 12:23 pm

>

>

>

>DJ...

>In your heart, you KNOW why...

>

>

OH Vger, my ol' "Nemesis", why must you contaminate my threads with your immature stupidity and jealousy of Picard, you know Jean Luc is the best captain so play nice.

 

Sorry DJ...it was a low-blow...but I couldn't resist the urge to take a stab.

 

 


It's like there being a big red button that has a sign next to it saying "DON'T PUSH". . . some of us just cannot resist the temptation. . . 


lisadesign314

GROUP: Members

POSTS: 38

Report this Apr. 14 2012, 5:49 pm

It's a good question, but I think the writers were worried it would kill that sexual tension and maybe make it too much like a soap opera.  And it was fun seeing Picard lusted after by other women.  He probably had quite a few fans who routinely fantasized about him (I wanted him for a dad).  People enjoy having things left to their imagination.  Also, some men, no matter what, want to be bachelors and never marry.  I see nothing wrong with that.  Some people thrive on occassional romantic relationships, lasting friendships, and lots of thinking and intelligence.


~ the Wannabe Star Trek Engineer ~

Jonny 1996

GROUP: Members

POSTS: 53

Report this May. 13 2012, 2:18 am

I think between a captain and an officer of medical you need discretion.

Jonny 1996

GROUP: Members

POSTS: 53

Report this May. 13 2012, 2:18 am

I think between a captain and an officer of medical you need discretion.

Recently logged in

Users browsing this forum: Vicsage

Forum Permissions

You cannot post new topics in this forum

You cannot reply to topics in this forum

You cannot delete posts in this forum