Picard could have had Dr Crusher If he wanted..

DammitJim6200

Report this Mar. 25 2012, 11:50 pm

Look, There was always some attraction between Picard and Dr Crusher, but when you watch them around each other, you'll notice Crusher seems kind of attracted to the captain, But Picard, as good a captain as he is seem too preoccupied for romance, I was watching "Allegiance" when  Picard was kidnap and an imposter took his place, all the false Picard had to do was ask Beverly Crusher to his quarters for dinner, she came running and ready, they danced and kiss, it shows she always wanted Picard, even though she didn't know she didn't kiss the real one, and at the end she came on the bridge and sat next to him giving him an inviting smile, sure, in the current novels Picard married Beverly Crusher, but it would had been fun to see them get together while they was on the NCC-1701-D, Jean Luc could have had Beverly if he wanted, why didn't he ?

Roddenberry's Disciple

Report this Mar. 26 2012, 7:44 pm

I have no idea. Beverly is a beautiful, beautiful woman.  If I was Picard, I would have been in her quarters whenever I was off duty!

Some non-canon material has the two together, I do believe.

"Star Trek" was, is, and will always be "Star Trek" (as in the original series). "The Next Generation" is a spectacular show that I more or less consider equal to the original, and DS9 is pretty good (albeit far overrated by many). The first 8 movies are fine by me too!

quantumstring12

Report this Mar. 26 2012, 8:18 pm

Mitchz95

Report this Mar. 26 2012, 8:19 pm

He probably thought it would be innapropriate to date somebody under his command. That would be kind of awkward.

Broadstorm

Report this Mar. 26 2012, 8:50 pm

Quote: quantumstring12 @ Mar. 26 2012, 8:18 pm

>Guilt over the death of her husband and best friend, Jack Crusher. Attracted to the wife of your best friend who died under your command??? It's a moral dilemma, especially so for a man with a deep moral center like Picard. In the episode Attached, his true feelings did come out and he was ready to pursue a relationship with Beverly, but she thought it would be best to leave things as they are.

That sums it up pretty well.  Also, from a storytelling standpoint, it made sense to only hint at it without fully going for it.  How many very popular series had the fans wanting to see 2 characters hook up only to plummet in the ratings shortly after it finally happened?

This thread also brings to mind an episode in which Picard did get involved with a subordinate LT CDR Nella Daren.  It was a decent story, although it gets a little sloppy in how it is handled.  Obviously, it was not something the producers wanted to spend a lot of time on so it was all played out in the span of 1 episode.  Of course, it could be inferred to have taken place over the course of several months (the first few scenes would be early in the season, then middle scenes a little later, and the end at whatever point into the season they were up to when the episode aired) if they were careful to leave stardates out of it until near the end of the episode.

janewayjunkie74656

Report this Mar. 26 2012, 9:01 pm

Ahh...I wish, I wish, I wish. I always hoped they would get together. Especially after I watched "Attatched". They are so cute together.

finka

Report this Mar. 27 2012, 1:44 am

If we were to be with every person we are attracted to, we would have a lot relationships

Blast your theories and observations!

janewayjunkie74656

Report this Mar. 27 2012, 2:01 am

Quote: finka @ Mar. 27 2012, 1:44 am

>Well, actually it was Picard who 'wanted to have' her and it was Beverly who didn't accept this change in their relationship: I believe this was in "Attached".

LOL, ain't that the truth!

Hugues

Report this Mar. 27 2012, 6:07 am

Jean Luc could have had Beverly if he wanted, why didn't he ?

Because he could get cuter ones.

DS9 RULES!!!!!

cowgirlcadet

Report this Mar. 28 2012, 5:41 pm

Isn't that just like a guy? Ladies, am I right or am I right?

FelisAndroid

Report this Mar. 28 2012, 8:29 pm

{I'm sure this has already been said numerous times, but most discussion topics around the internet seem to share the similar theme of a few people repeating what someone else has said anyway, so I assume I'm not alone...think of it as more of an "I agree" instead of "I haven't read anything" I swear, I have >v>.}

I'm thinking it would be, in part and/or mostly due to his duties as a Captain.

He can't afford to be putting other people at risk of letdown because of his devotion to his work, and he probably feels it isn't right to date someone who works under him as well.

Then again, I don't know how they feel about dating their bosses in that Stardate, as opposed to now. But, generally speaking...

Hejustkepttalkinginonelongincrediblyunbrokensentencemovingfromtopictotopicsothatnoone hadthechancetointerruptitwasreallyquitehypnotic.

Beershark

Report this Mar. 30 2012, 12:45 am

I would have!

CORPORATIONS AREN'T PEOPLE! Soylent Green is people.

xXLadyDataXx

Report this Mar. 30 2012, 8:18 am

I thought Picard wanted to keep his personal affairs too himself which is why he doesn't occupy himself with romance.

flottanna

Report this Mar. 31 2012, 9:40 am

The relationship betweem them was one of the stories that I wish TNG explored.

"Please Watch Our Films" Youtube.com

bvbpl

Report this Mar. 31 2012, 9:48 am

I can only hope it was because Jack Crusher once confided in Picard about intimate activities and that Picard knew their sexual appetites wouldn't be compatible.