Tribbles: The Next Generation

Roddenberry's Disciple

Report this Mar. 20 2012, 7:43 pm

Why didn't they make one...and could it have worked anyway?!?

DS9 did a GREAT job with "Trials and Tribble-ations".

"Star Trek" was, is, and will always be "Star Trek" (as in the original series). "The Next Generation" is a spectacular show that I more or less consider equal to the original, and DS9 is pretty good (albeit far overrated by many). The first 8 movies are fine by me too!

janewayjunkie74656

Report this Mar. 20 2012, 9:57 pm

That would have been amusing. I would love to see Picard and tribbles...and Data and tribbles...

Dear lord. Wesley and tribbles. Never mind.

Beershark

Report this Mar. 21 2012, 12:10 am

Picard might have found a suitable hair piece...

CORPORATIONS AREN'T PEOPLE! Soylent Green is people.

janewayjunkie74656

Report this Mar. 21 2012, 5:11 pm

Quote: Beershark @ Mar. 21 2012, 12:10 am

>Picard might have found a suitable hair piece...

Reedworftripparis

Report this Mar. 21 2012, 6:57 pm

Probably not ready to embrace TOS stories fully in the beginning and towards the end of the run the were in their own stride.

It would have been hysterical. Worf with tribbles in the DS9 episode was funny, imagine how it would have been on board Enterprise?

"Reed Alert, that's not bad"...Malcolm Reed

OtakuJo

Report this Mar. 21 2012, 8:22 pm

Quote: Roddenberry's Disciple @ Mar. 20 2012, 7:43 pm

>Why didn't they make one...and could it have worked anyway?!?

>DS9 did a GREAT job with "Trials and Tribble-ations".

>Lastly, what do you think "Tribbles: The Next Generation" would have been like? haha.

It would depend a lot on whether they did it closer to the beginning of the series or the end. If at the beginning, it would have been a little pathetic -- like Naked Now. If at the end (and accomplished with the level of imagination of Trials and Tribbleations) it might -- might -- be pretty cool. Or might be awful. It really depends on so many things!

I'm sorry I can't give you any more than a vague answer. Tribbles really are a premise that has the potential to go to every extreme of Awesome --> Blech!

Have you ever danced with a Tribble in the pale moonlight?

Beershark

Report this Mar. 23 2012, 4:37 am

keep picturing Riker petting Troi's tribble...

CORPORATIONS AREN'T PEOPLE! Soylent Green is people.

konarciq

Report this Mar. 23 2012, 8:05 am

Could have been fun for sure.

xXLadyDataXx

Report this Mar. 23 2012, 11:42 am

The whole crew have a pet Tribble of their own but the thing is the Tribbles go mad and take over the ship.

xXLadyDataXx

Report this Mar. 23 2012, 11:59 am

Lol no I meant like the Tribbles act crazy or possibly act homicidal.

xXLadyDataXx

Report this Mar. 23 2012, 1:23 pm

What's Lemmings?

Roddenberry's Disciple

Report this Mar. 23 2012, 5:31 pm

Quote: xXLadyDataXx @ Mar. 23 2012, 1:23 pm

>What's Lemmings?

You're "LadyData" you should have information like this stored inside you!

jonathan.sutter

Report this Mar. 23 2012, 8:51 pm

give the tribbles riker beards....random thought cause I'm rockin the riker beard and hair atm...if only there were more trekkies in the world who said I looked like riker and less ppl who said i looked like mac from always sunny in philidelphia...I can't take a trombone and rock the uniform everywhere darnit

Roddenberry's Disciple

Report this Mar. 23 2012, 9:18 pm

LOL.  Mac from It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia! haha That's great.  I love(d) that show.  The new season was iffy, and I think its on the decline though.  Sitcoms just only have so much time until they start to stink.

Riker or Mac, thats still cool.  I had a beard for a while (No, not a Kor beard like in my picture haha), but it made me look kind of weird. Unlike Riker, who looked weird withOUT the beard! lol

xXLadyDataXx

Report this Mar. 24 2012, 12:04 am

Quote: Roddenberry's Disciple @ Mar. 23 2012, 5:31 pm

Quote: xXLadyDataXx @ Mar. 23 2012, 1:23 pm

>What's Lemmings?

You're "LadyData" you should have information like this stored inside you!

Sorry my mistake I guess my memory file is being lathergic on me to process this information!

Users browsing this forum: King B IX