Which is better, Gambit or Descent?

Created by: the bungalo bill

the bungalo bill

Report this Mar. 20 2012, 3:38 pm

I like Gambit better.

janewayjunkie74656

Report this Mar. 20 2012, 5:18 pm

I like Gambit better too, I think.

Actually they might have, in DS9 maybe, but idk because I haven't seen much of DS9.

But like in First Contact and everything, they Borg are back to their wonderful, collective self.

Who knows.

the bungalo bill

Report this Mar. 20 2012, 6:27 pm

Quote: janewayjunkie74656 @ Mar. 20 2012, 5:18 pm

>Those are not my favorite two-parters of TNG. The idea of the Borg becoming more like individuals is...intruiging...but it's funny because they literally never come back to this episode's ideas.

I chose these two because I've seen them recently and because they're not exactly really popular.

starfreak93

Report this Mar. 21 2012, 6:48 am

I actually haven't seen Gambit yet, but I'm going to this weekend.

finka

Report this Mar. 27 2012, 2:13 am

I voted for Gambit, but now I am not sure.. It was really hard for me to watch "Descent" becouse it' difficult to see Data behaving just like Lore! And I didn't liked some things in that episode. Sometimes too holywoodish. "..I joined my brother and we will destroy the Federation and rule the world". TUM DU DUM! Just too pompous.
Gambit was realy interesting and I truly enjoyed Frakes' and Steward's acting. I also thought Robin Curtis was very good. Nonetheless, the ending was a little bit to childish. "Yeaaa, the power of love!"

Blast your theories and observations!

Pooneil

Report this Mar. 28 2012, 11:23 am

"Descent, Part 1" was a terrific episode, with all kinds of tension and suspense and excitement. "Part 2" was a let-down, static and talky and shallow.

"Gambit" was a very unusual TNG two-parter in that it was really just an adventure with no political angle and no major consequences. I think it's actually one of the better two-parters, maybe even the second-best. It was a lot of fun, it had a lot of action and humour, and it held together a lot better than some of the other two-parters that suffered from anticlimaxes.

xXLadyDataXx

Report this Mar. 30 2012, 8:42 am

I like both of them because in Gambit we get to see Data taking charge of the Enterprise while Picard got kidnapped. I like Descent because we get too see Lore again and on top of that see Data act all evil lol