What would you change about the Star Trek uniforms?

xXLadyDataXx

Report this Mar. 17 2012, 8:40 pm

I would the dress uniforms that they wear in Season 1 of Star Trek:TNG like in the Encounter at Farpoint episode. For some reason they look too short and potatoe sacks. Yes I mean the one Counselor Troi is wearing.

I would change it into a Star Trek Lolita dress kind of like this picture on the bottom

xXLadyDataXx

Report this Mar. 17 2012, 9:51 pm

Quote: /view_profile/ @

>Isn't that a skant?

>Well I say:

>No skants allowed!

>Especially on the men :shudder:

I thought the skants looked odd on the men and too short on the women. So would my suggestion be considered a skant? The Star Trek Lolita dress will only be worn by female officers but the only difference is the color due to position like medical (blue), commanding (red), Engineering and Tactical (Yellow). If the females are Security officers they wouldn't wear the dress due to the dangers of being injured in it while fighting.

ACottrill

Report this Mar. 17 2012, 10:48 pm

'-reward for your good heart occurs in this world as the knowledge that love is its own reward and that there are others who appreciate you for who you are.' - Walter Koenig

OtakuJo

Report this Mar. 18 2012, 12:22 am

Let me see...

Less stiff sleeves on the Bajoran militia, and certainly on the Romulans!

Have you ever danced with a Tribble in the pale moonlight?

Broadstorm

Report this Mar. 18 2012, 4:19 am

I would go with a 2-piece simliar to TNG seasons 3-7.  Jumpsuits are okay until you really have go.  I would have more black & the department color area would be probably less than the Voyager uniforms, but more than the Enterprise (NX) uniforms.  I would use more than 3 department colors.  The pockets from the preFed uniforms also provide some functionality.

Tugar

Report this Mar. 18 2012, 2:07 pm

There are a few changes I would make. First things first. There would be a much more utilitarian uniform. So that Riker doesn't end up getting bitten by a plant!

Pants would be bloused inside the boots to keep things from crawling or entering the pants leg.

Colors could be added as the pipping on the uniforms so it's not half a uniform of gold, red, or blue.

TrekKid101

Report this Mar. 18 2012, 2:43 pm

I would make more decoration for officers

Fleet Admiral Braxton

Report this Mar. 18 2012, 5:38 pm

I Would Definitely NOT Bring Back Any Thing Looking Even Remotely Simular To Those Ugly-Ass Long-Sleeved Gym Shirts From TNG Season One!!

OtakuJo

Report this Mar. 18 2012, 9:27 pm

Quote: /view_profile/ @

>How about having some combat jackets for certain situations.

>They wore an overjacket in TWOK when they went on the landing party. Also in 'The Cage'. I think thi would be usefil - especially say in 'The Enemy Within'

They also showed combat outfits in Nor the Battle to the Strong and I think The Siege of AR-558 but I do agree it would have made sense to see them more often. Especially since primary colours make for terrible camouflage!

Have you ever danced with a Tribble in the pale moonlight?

zephram.cocrane

Report this Mar. 19 2012, 1:05 am

Me , i would have interwoven tech in the uniform to regulate body temp , humidity ect . Or just somthing that didnt wrinkle !

ACottrill

Report this Mar. 19 2012, 1:56 am

Quote: OtakuJo @ Mar. 18 2012, 12:22 am

>Dunno about the Victorian looking sketches with those puffed sleeves and all... And what's with the bows? I would have put Troi in standard uniform from the start -- she looked better when she finally got to wear the trousers and blue shirt like everyone else.

>Let me see...

>Less stiff sleeves on the Bajoran militia, and certainly on the Romulans!

>Trouble with green as a colour to wear is that actually very few people are able to look good in it. KIRK doesn't. I'd have him in a warmer colour than that lime green thing he wears in the original series -- and fer chrissake move that insignia away from his love-handles!

Oh, ya, that was a terrible shade of green. I meant more along the lines of a forest green or something. I look okay in green- but, I'm a red-head.

Pooneil

Report this Mar. 19 2012, 10:22 am

I would introduce short-sleeve versions of the uniforms, like in TMP. Something a little more casual, so the crew would have options instead of having to wear the same thing every day.

Also, more bell-bottoms and beatle boots.

cowgirlcadet

Report this Mar. 19 2012, 11:47 am

I like the TOS uniforms really well. They're functional and they look good. But they're not perfect.

Give them pockets.

Have a pants option for the girls.

Put the insignia thingy on Kirk's green shirt up by his shoulder like on his other shirt.

Give everybody a short sleeve, or maybe even a sleeveless version, not just McCoy.

Also it would be cool if there was a bomber jacket they could wear out on landing parties. Like Hogan's Heroes. Not necessarily leather, but the same style. Very retro-chic.

Now that would be the perfect Star Trek uniform.

"Be one with the horse." - Kirk to Spock, The Final Frontier.

xXLadyDataXx

Report this Mar. 19 2012, 1:53 pm

Quote: ACottrill @ Mar. 17 2012, 10:48 pm

>Okay- so, i wasn't thinking about this til I read the replies- down with the man-skants!

>My own reply, however, is to get rid of the yellow colour. It's just too loud. Replace it with something more awesome- like a definitive green. Hell ya! (I have a hatred for the colour yellow, and my favourite colour is green, if you couldn't pick that out)

Good point green can b left as an option. I never really had a problem with the yellow uniform color because I'm already used to seeing it. Although don't they have green uniforms in Deep Space 9?

bvbpl

Report this Mar. 19 2012, 3:44 pm

For the TNG era, I would bring back the unique ship and starbase emblems they used in TOS.