Revell Star Trek Enterprise NCC-1701 Model??

Lee72

Report this Mar. 16 2012, 9:22 am

Fleet Admiral Braxton

Report this Mar. 16 2012, 4:33 pm

Uh, Is This The Overdue J J Abrams Enterprise?

FleetAdmiral_BamBam

Report this Mar. 16 2012, 9:09 pm

Nope - it's the TOS classic.

I know that Polar Lights was supposed to come out with one a couple of years ago, but they cancelled the project.

Jim Kirk

Report this Mar. 17 2012, 5:31 am

If its the same one they had out back in the 70s, i tried to build it and it was impossible to get the naceles correctly installed.

If you do buy it and get it built let us know how it looks and how hard it was to assemble.

Kang - "Only a fool fights in a burning house"

Lee72

Report this Mar. 18 2012, 4:11 am

Will do, i will order it today from eBay (£20) and keep you posted!

Lee72

Report this Apr. 01 2012, 3:48 am

After having a look around, I have found a few USS Enterprise NCC-1701 Models (obviously!)

I have ordered the AMT 1:650 KIT, as it seemed to have the best reviews, and I will post a few pictures of the progress on photobucket for anyone interested..

I have listed a few links of the kits I found below.

DS92Sisko

Report this Apr. 20 2012, 5:39 pm

I just built the "Tholian Web" Enterprise this past week...it is actually supposed to be the Defiant (as it glows in the dark, ala the episode) and it comes with two little Tholian ships and a cardboard background of the Tholian Web.  Pretty cool...the ship is approx. 15" long, went together fairly easy, its always hard to get the nacelles straight...However, what I did was paint this one white with accenting colors, and decaled it as the Enterprise (since I did not have one)...but, I plan to get another and build that one as the Defiant glowing in the Tholian Web with the 4 Tholian ships I will then have!

WkdYngMan

Report this Jun. 07 2012, 12:56 am

Quote: Lee72 @ Mar. 16 2012, 9:22 am

>I was thinking about buying this kit, but wanted to hear if anyone has actually built one and if so.. was it any good? (add a picture if you have one!)

>http://www.revell.de/?id=203&KOKANR=01&KOSCHL=&KGSCHL=&L=1&page=1&sort=0&nc=&searchactive=&q=04880&SWO=&ARMAS4=&KZSLPG=&offset=1&cmd=show&ARARTN=04880&sp=1&nn=1

I haven't bought this yet.  This is brand new (the ones out in the 1970s were the 18" kit that still exist and have been reissued by Round 2.)  From what I hear this is a popular and good kit.  More accurate than the 18" one, which I am currently building right now.  Apparently the only complaint I've seen is that instead of raised panel lines on the saucer they used recessed panel lines, which is cool, but it apparently the depth of the recess is o exaggerated that the panels are nick named "floor tiles" and look a bit silly.  However, you can probably tediously fill those in with putty or whatever your filler of choice is.

This fall Round 2 is due to release the 1/350th scale version of this ship (over 30" long.)  If I were you, I'd maybe hold my money until THAT bad boy arrives.

randy kerr

Report this Jun. 08 2012, 8:48 am

i did and it was awesome.

Users browsing this forum: FleetAdmiral_BamBam, wissa