Would Enterprise the TV show have been similar to the Novels that followed (Good That Men Do, etc)?

enterukprise

Report this Mar. 14 2012, 5:50 am

Having read all the novels that followed it's a shame we never got to see the Romulan War it would have been epic! It was just on the verge of becoming an all time classic sci-fy program.  Would Trip have even been killed off or was he destined to become a spy?

Reedworftripparis

Report this Mar. 14 2012, 9:24 am

From what I heard, and I could be wrong, Manny Coto wanted it to end at the previous episodes and then they threw together TATV. And that Trip was killed off because of that. Had it gone to a season 5, the Romulan War would have been that season and Shran would have been a regular cast member.

The books would have probably changed, I would guess

"Reed Alert, that's not bad"...Malcolm Reed

Trip&tpol4ever

Report this Mar. 14 2012, 11:08 am

Reedworftripparis

Report this Mar. 14 2012, 3:15 pm

Quote: Trip&tpol4ever @ Mar. 14 2012, 11:08 am

>I'm recently returned to Enterprise thanks to Netflix, and because of accessibility to the story I'm deeper in than ever before! I'm happy to hear that the vision was to end w Terra Prime. I can't bear trip and tpol going nowhere. Why take them through the events of TP only to have them end or unravel (The good that men do)? Would Season 5 have given them a chance? Do any of the books?

I don't know if season 5 would have given them a chance, but with Trip alive and them serving on the same ship I would think that they couldn't go around it forever. But in the books they are star crossed lovers if you will. Good books, if you are a fan I would read them. They take the very bitter ugly taste out of your mouth from TATV.

"Reed Alert, that's not bad"...Malcolm Reed

Thaboman1

Report this May. 24 2012, 8:37 pm

I doubt the show would go the way of 'The Good That Men Do,' but it would've been interesting to see that many ties to Section 31 on screen instead of just in the books.

Matthias Russell

Report this May. 25 2012, 4:11 pm

Good That Men Do wouldn't have happened because if the show got a 5th season, they wouldn't have killed Tripp/faked his death.  Without tripp in Romulan space, the ENT relaunch doesn't work.  However, if ENT had continued, they no doubt would have done the Romulan War and done it far better than Michael Martin did.

Also, Doug Drexler had said he had intended the NX-01 to be an upgradable design and had considered upgrading the ship like he did in the SOTL calendar with a secondary hull.  If ENT had continued, hopefully we would have seen a refit Enterprise on film.

RStar17

Report this May. 25 2012, 4:55 pm

I haven't read the Enterprise novels, but seems to me that Trip's death was just a poorly veiled plot device to make it somehow dramatic.

Users browsing this forum: King B IX