Does a majority of Enterprise take place in the Beta Quadrant?

Sora

Report this Mar. 10 2012, 9:11 pm

stovokor2000-A

POSTS: 2001

Report this Mar. 11 2012, 7:41 pm

Quote: Sora @ Mar. 10 2012, 9:11 pm

>Between all of the other series we learn alot about the Alpha, Gamma and Delta Quadrants, but rarely get even a mention of the Beta Quadrant, and there were many species in Enterprise that we were unfamiliar with, and places that we haven't heard of, and from what I understand, Earth is right on the border between the Alpha and Beta quadrants, so is it not possible that many of the Enterprise species, Suliban, Xindi etc...reside in the Beta Quadrant?

Cant say for Enterprise, but some [maybe much] of TNG and DS9 took place in/near the beta Q.Romulan and Klingon spase, if I'm right, are in the BQ

Photobucket

guillermo.mejía

Report this Mar. 12 2012, 5:46 am

In fact, DS9 and VOY, and even TNG, are always talking about the Alpha Quadrent, and fail to mention how much of Star Trek's history takes place in the Beta Quadrent.

guillermo.mejía

Report this Mar. 12 2012, 6:34 am

Nice link

stovokor2000-A

POSTS: 2001

Report this Mar. 12 2012, 9:15 am

very cool guys

Photobucket

boco

Report this Mar. 12 2012, 9:25 am

are you stovokor from the star trek logs? are you better?

MArshall.. it's been a while since you checked my place! could you return there? even guillermo and reedworfparis post there every day now..Please.. Suresh will be very glad to see you

STLogs is THE BEST trek board: http://z15.invisionfree.com/sb63s_Star_Trek_Logs/index.php?showtopic=2704&st=90&#entry5621677

stovokor2000-A

POSTS: 2001

Report this Mar. 12 2012, 9:29 am

Quote: boco @ Mar. 12 2012, 9:25 am

>are you stovokor from the star trek logs? are you better?

getting better, I might be getting my new leg this Friday or Monday of next week.

thanks for asking

Photobucket

boco

Report this Mar. 12 2012, 10:12 am

stovokor2000-A

POSTS: 2001

Report this Mar. 12 2012, 11:23 am

Quote: boco @ Mar. 12 2012, 10:12 am

>that's good to hear! I hope the best for you, that this won't make you consider yourself different, and that you won't loose self confidence

nahhhhhhhhhhhhhhh, I'm in great spirts, just always tired.I'm even planning to swith my ring tone to the theme of the 6 million dollor man,

Photobucket

boco

Report this Mar. 12 2012, 12:51 pm

that's the spirit!!!

stovokor2000-A

POSTS: 2001

Report this Mar. 12 2012, 2:33 pm

Quote: boco @ Mar. 12 2012, 12:51 pm

>i had the faith of the heart before getting a new cell,haven't decided on a new one so far

>that's the spirit!!!

they tell me to take it easy, but I keep pushing.

Photobucket

W. T. Riker

Report this Mar. 14 2012, 7:48 pm

Broadstorm

Report this Mar. 15 2012, 3:59 am

Quote: W. T. Riker @ Mar. 14 2012, 7:48 pm

>I don't think they had enough power/time to get to the Beta quadrant. but I'm a little Hazy on my stellar cartography

Take a look at the picture in the third post, and the link in the fourth post.  With Earth basically on the line dividing Alpha & Beta, it could go either way, but with the time spent in Vulcan, Andorian & Tellarite territory, and some of the names on the larger map (link) being split between the 2, I would say it was a mix.  Actually, the larger map looks as if it was established by drawing a line between Earth & Vulcan.

Correction:  I enlarged it & the logos for Earth & Vulcan territories are on the line, but the planet Vulcan is shown to be in the BQ with Vulcan territory in both.  All of Andorian territory is BQ.

I question the validity of this map though based on the location of Cold Station 12.  It is well outside Earth territory, and even farther from Denobulan territory according to this map.

W. T. Riker

Report this Mar. 15 2012, 12:09 pm

my computer cant view those for some reason.

Mitchz95

Report this Mar. 15 2012, 3:32 pm

Actually, Qo'noS is in the Beta Quadrant. If NX-01 continued from there, they would indeed have been in Beta Quadrant most of the time.