What is your favorite quote from a Star Trek episode????

anthony.pribbenow1

Report this Mar. 09 2012, 3:07 pm

my favorite quote is from DS9 in the episode, "Broken Link" where Garak is stopped by Worf as he was trying to arm the Defiant's weapon systems to kill the founders of The Dominion.

"Come now Mr. Worf, you're a Klingon, don't tell me you'd object to a little genocide in the name of self defense!" -Garak

leave it to a Cardassian to make genocide a form of self-defense lol

Mitchz95

Report this Mar. 09 2012, 8:56 pm

Oh boy...I love long speeches. They're just awesome.

"On this site, a powerful engine will be built -  an engine that will someday help us to travel a hundred times faster than we can today. Imagine it...thousands of inhabited planets at our fingertips. And we'll be able to explore those strange new worlds, and seek out new life and new civilizations. This engine will let us go boldly...where no man has gone before."

- Zephram Cochrane, ENT "Broken Bow"

"Up until about a hundred years ago, there was one question that burned in every human...that made us study the stars and dream of traveling to them: "Are we alone?" Our generation is privileged to know the answer to that question. We are all explorers, driven to know what's over the horizon, what's beyond our own shores. And yet...the more I've experienced, the more I've learned that no matter how far we travel, or how fast we get there...the most profound discoveries are not necessarily beyond that next star. They're within us - woven into the threads that bind us - all of us - to each other. The final frontier begins in this hall. Let's explore it together."

- Jonathan Archer, ENT "Terra Prime"

"I think it's safe to say no one on this crew has been more...obsessed with getting home than I have. But when I think about everything we've been through together, maybe it's not the destination that matters. Maybe it's the journey, and if that journey takes a little longer, so we can do something we all believe in, I can't think of any place I'd rather be, or any people I'd rather be with."

- Harry Kim, VOY "Endgame"

"They used to say if man could fly, he'd have wings...but he did fly. He discovered he had to. Do you wish that the first Apollo mission hadn't reached the moon, or that we hadn't gone on to Mars or the nearest star? That's like saying you wish that you still operated with scalpels and sewed your patients up with catgut like your great-great-great-great-grandfather used to. I'm in command. I could order this. But I'm not...because...Dr. McCoy is right in pointing out the enormous danger potential in any contact with life and intelligence as fantastically advanced as this. But I must point out that the possibilities, the potential for knowledge and advancement is equally great. Risk...risk is our business! That's what this starship is all about...that's why we're aboard her!"

Captain Kirk, TOS "Return to Tomorrow"

I'll post more tomorrow. Those are just the ones I can think of at the moment.

juliansgirl7

Report this Mar. 10 2012, 7:05 am

Kira to JULIAN: "It's All Your Fault"

"Your quality will be known among your enemies before ever you meet them, my friend"-Alexander Siddig in Kingdom of Heaven

Jim Kirk

Report this Mar. 10 2012, 8:40 am

Are you out if your Vulcan Mind?

I think he had a little too much LDS.

You know if you give him the formula it will change the future.  Why? How do we know he didn't invent the thing.

and of course my signature

Kang - "Only a fool fights in a burning house"

anthony.pribbenow1

Report this Mar. 10 2012, 9:46 am

Quote: Jim Kirk @ Mar. 10 2012, 8:40 am

>Are you out if your Vulcan Mind?

in the original series, Dr. McCoy always had the best comments!!!

anthony.pribbenow1

Report this Mar. 10 2012, 9:49 am

Quote: juliansgirl7 @ Mar. 10 2012, 7:05 am

>Kira to JULIAN: "It's All Your Fault"

is that from the episode where Kira is carrying O'Brian's baby, because Julian had to remove it from Keiko and put it in Kira for it to survive???  maybe not the exact episode but Kira and Bashir were debating or arguing about it.

konarciq

Report this Mar. 10 2012, 10:43 am

See my signature for my all time favourite, but off the top of my head:

"We'll begin by assuming that I'm *not* crazy." (dr. Crusher)

McCoy's "The next thing you know I'll be able to cure a rainy day!" or something along those lines.

Both McCoy and Data have some lovely ones. Can't really think of some right now (been too long since I watched ST actually... )

anthony.pribbenow1

Report this Mar. 10 2012, 1:47 pm

does anyone know any funny quotes from Reginald Barclay?  he was the white version of Urkel on TNG and Voyager in my opinion, with some memorable moments but i can't think of any quotes from him.

OtakuJo

Report this Mar. 10 2012, 3:35 pm

Quote: anthony.pribbenow1 @ Mar. 10 2012, 9:49 am

Quote: juliansgirl7 @ Mar. 10 2012, 7:05 am

>Kira to JULIAN: "It's All Your Fault"

Apocalypse Rising. It was a good scene.

I have so many favourite quotes so will probably end up posting here a lot! But here's from my two fav. characters:

Bashir (to O'Brien): "Well you do have one problem. If all you can hallucinate about are Quark's maintenance problems, you have a sadly deficient fantasy life."

& Garak: "Well the truth is usually just an excuse for lack of imagination."

And also more recently watching--

Martok: "I tell you Worf, war is much more fun when you're winning!"

Oh, and I absolutely totally loathe long rhetorical speeches!! BORING! That's one of the major reasons why I didn't attend the last two graduation ceremonies I ever had, and probably won't attend the next one either. All those tedious speeches that never -- I repeat never -- say anything original! ugh. How anyone can love such cliched verbal mediocrity is beyond me.

Have you ever danced with a Tribble in the pale moonlight?

Mitchz95

Report this Mar. 10 2012, 4:18 pm

Quote: OtakuJo @ Mar. 10 2012, 3:35 pm

>How anyone can love such cliched verbal mediocrity is beyond me.

*cough*

OtakuJo

Report this Mar. 10 2012, 4:23 pm

Sorry mate that's just how I feel. I always groan inwardly when I hear the "Archer's gonna make a speech" music start to play on Enterprise. I like words to speak to me cleverly, but succinctly.

Have you ever danced with a Tribble in the pale moonlight?

dards9

Report this Mar. 10 2012, 5:16 pm

"I am NOT a Merry Man!"

juliansgirl7

Report this Mar. 10 2012, 6:44 pm

Quote: anthony.pribbenow1 @ Mar. 10 2012, 9:49 am

Quote: juliansgirl7 @ Mar. 10 2012, 7:05 am

>Kira to JULIAN: "It's All Your Fault"

Yes!  It's my favorite because it was an inside joke between the actors(the baby was actually Sid's)

And now that boy, Django, is 15,  just 4 months older than my daughter

cowgirlcadet

Report this Mar. 11 2012, 4:50 am

McCoy: I'm a doctor, not a bricklayer!

He's dead, Jim

Shut up Spock, we're trying to rescue you!

Spock: Really, Doctor? (Completely different episode, I know, but after the other one it's LOL funny.)

(Add this next one and it's even funnier.) Kirk: Gentlemen, we've already had one Civil War, let's not start another one.

Edith Keeler (City on the Edge): "Captain." Even when he doesn't say it, he does.

Jim Kirk

Report this Mar. 11 2012, 5:43 am

Warp 2 Mr. Sulu.... and hurry

Kang - "Only a fool fights in a burning house"