New to "Enterprise"

Trevor2323

Report this Mar. 07 2012, 8:33 pm

Yes, I'm a horrible fan. I walked away from sci-fi in general for a while, but I'm back it's nice to know I can go home again. Really, really like 'Enterprise" though I must admit I'm not a huge fan of the theme song. It ties 'Firefly' for a great series with a less than great theme. But maybe that's just me.

Mitchz95

Report this Mar. 09 2012, 9:41 am

evnthr1zn

Report this Mar. 09 2012, 10:59 am

Enterprise has, by far in my opinion, the best theme of all of the Star Trek franchise shows.  It's a positive song that brings out hope and confidence of the future, which sets the tone since the show takes place after a fairly horrific event in human history in canon.

flottanna

Report this Mar. 09 2012, 12:32 pm

ENT is amazing. Trek fans hate on it. But I love it.

"Please Watch Our Films" Youtube.com

Reedworftripparis

Report this Mar. 10 2012, 3:53 pm

^^^Not entirely true. I know a lot of Trek fans, including myself, (for over 25 years) and I am a huge ENT fan. ENT is my favorite in all of Trekdom. Love the characters love the whole feeling of it. I even love the song. Sure it has it's downfalls or bad episodes but don't they all?

"Reed Alert, that's not bad"...Malcolm Reed

DimitrisEx

Report this Mar. 11 2012, 8:12 am

Since I like prequels, ENT is my favourite Trek-series. It was a sincere and bold move from the producers to search and expand the ST-universe.

"I am not a number, I'm a free man!" (No6, The Prisoner)

switcherdawna

Report this Mar. 11 2012, 10:18 am

Yes, ENT was sadly under-rated, and they don't seem to want to show reruns of it on TV. I managed to pick up season 1 on DVD. I think maybe the theme sybolicly meant a 'change' in the direction of Trek, and some people enever gave it a fair chance.

I liked the way they showed the Vulcans as being 'over-protective brothers' in the Federation... T'pol and Trip's involvement was interesting. I think it made a credible statement to how things happened between Cochrane's first warp flight to the TOS days.

stovokor2000-A

POSTS: 2001

Report this Mar. 12 2012, 4:09 pm

Quote: Mitchz95 @ Mar. 09 2012, 9:41 am

>Same here. You'll get used to the theme pretty quickly. It's actually a really good song if you listen to the lyrics.

not for me, I never liked the song

Photobucket

Hugues

Report this Mar. 12 2012, 11:24 pm

I like the song. Nothing wrong with it.

Trip&tpol4ever

Report this Mar. 14 2012, 11:28 am

I love the song! It took untl season 2 for the tears to stop coming every time i heard it. Hate the re-do in seasons 3&4.

W. T. Riker

Report this Mar. 14 2012, 5:42 pm

ENT is what startred me off, aside from Data on TNG. My parents showed me a few episodes early on, and I kinda liked it. I found this site so I could watch Trek without my parents finding out, and ENT was the first thing I saw. I was hooked from the first Klingon.

The universe can giggle all it wants, but it's not gettin' any of our bourbon!

switcherdawna

Report this Mar. 15 2012, 5:28 am

I think the theme is supposed to emphasis the more innocent period of man first exploring space, and how it's not too different from today. Many of Star Trek's themes are very grandios... fantasy...

But the Enterprise theme is something that we can relate to... a simpler 'time'. Hopefully a time we can relate to the stories better - and see how plausible maybe that it could happen this way in the not too distant future.