Why don't they make Tuvok ears?

W. T. Riker

Report this Mar. 06 2012, 12:01 pm

Has anyone else noticed this?? this is bothering me.

The universe can giggle all it wants, but it's not gettin' any of our bourbon!

Vger23

Report this Mar. 06 2012, 12:07 pm

Does it really "bother" you?

I'd say that it's because Spock is a cultural icon and Tuvok is a character that nobody except the hardcore fanbase would identify. Since people who make and sell collectibles prefer them to be mass-marketable, they make ears for the character who has a shot at being ideintified, not for the one who nobody would really know.

FleetAdmiral_BamBam

Report this Mar. 06 2012, 12:53 pm

I did a quick search and found multple colors for Vulcan ears that are available.

Matthias Russell

Report this Mar. 06 2012, 1:15 pm

Soooooo . . . paint the Spock Ears.

You know what bothers me?  The Klingon skulls only come in one color!  Also, where the hell are the Bajoran nose prostetics!?!

OtakuJo

Report this Mar. 06 2012, 2:20 pm

Not something I would've noticed if no-one had pointed it out -- not without actively looking for Spock ears, which I'm never likely to do. I suppose it is a bit of an oversight, as no doubt lots of different people would like to cosplay Vulcan/s, but yeah many of the more serious cosplayers would either paint them, or make their own ears. For someone just playing kiddy dress-ups, it probably makes little difference.

V'ger makes a sound point that Spock is so much more iconic than Tuvok -- and he is the one most people think of when they picture "Vulcans". But since cosplayers come in all colours, it would be nice to see the costume companies reflecting that. Although that's not to say there are no darker pointy ears available -- even if you widen the search to include elf ears and other such. Perhaps you just haven't found them yet.

Have you ever danced with a Tribble in the pale moonlight?

padracin

Report this Mar. 06 2012, 5:50 pm

Oh! so harsh!  Where's the love for Tuvok - I thought he was a great character.

W. T. Riker

Report this Mar. 07 2012, 5:30 am

Quote: /view_profile/ @

>I've got some green ears at home

fairly certain Tuvok isn't green.

also, they may have multicolored ears, spock ears are clearly labeled as spock ears. but no tuvok ears. that is my point.

The universe can giggle all it wants, but it's not gettin' any of our bourbon!

Matthias Russell

Report this Mar. 07 2012, 7:05 am

Maybe she's half Orion/half Vulcan.  Don't be racist against ServalanFan.

Servie, I respect you for who you are, no matter your color.

guillermo.mejía

Report this Mar. 07 2012, 7:10 am

Where's my Andorian wig with Antenni?!?

(Face Paint Sold Seperately)

guillermo.mejía

Report this Mar. 07 2012, 8:11 am

^ A fancy dress wearing Orian woman sounds fine in my book

voyagerfanatic995

Report this Mar. 07 2012, 11:03 am

I'm guessing like what other people said: Spock is a cultural icon. You don't know what the heck Star Trek is but you can recognize Spock anywhere. Tuvok, not so much.

If you can't find Vulcan ears, try looking for elf ears. They are similar, maybe a little more "curly" at the top, but you get the same idea and they're in all different colors and styles.

Also, insofar as the Bajoran nose piece goes, I'm guessing because it would be harder to come up with a quick "on-and-off-no-glue" way of wearing it than a Klingon forehead piece that can be worn attached to a wig or Vulcan ears that just slide on over your own. Also noses vary more in shape than foreheads and ears, would be hard to get a one-size-fits-all.

LLAP

OtakuJo

Report this Mar. 08 2012, 3:26 am

Quote: /view_profile/ @

>My green ears may in fact be elf ears even though elves aren't green.

They could be goblin ears.

Have you ever danced with a Tribble in the pale moonlight?

USS Liverpool

Report this Mar. 12 2012, 8:17 pm

Simple logic. If they only make Caucasian coloured Vulcan Ears, find the flesh coloured tone that is similar to Tuvok's (Southern Hemisphere Vulcans) and spray paint them in that colour. Solution to problem!

Cap.Marty.D.Young

Report this May. 19 2012, 1:12 pm

NO! The Spraypaint will ruin the plastic ears! Try a make up in your skin tone and apply it to the ears instead, that is what what I was advised to do in a class I took.

Never drink with your enemies! Well, maybe just one round...

Users browsing this forum: DS9TREK, FleetAdmiral_BamBam, Drunkin Druid