Enterprise toy model display stand

Adam173rd

Report this Mar. 06 2012, 5:05 am

I lost the display stand to my mid-90's era, playmates enterprise D many years ago. But now I would really like to find a new one, but I'm having a very hard time hunting one down. I've checked this sites shop, eBay, amazon, and others with no luck. Does anyone know where I can find one?

Matthias Russell

Report this Mar. 06 2012, 1:10 pm

Just keep checking ebay.  Doubt you'll find the stand by itself and the old playmates toys can be really expensive.

Just so you know, Diamond Select Toys makes an enterprise D model that is much better for $50.  It should be rereleased later this year.

OneDamnMinuteAdmiral

Report this Mar. 07 2012, 6:35 am

I have the Diamond Select version of the Enterprise-A and it had the WORST stand ever for a toy/model/air. So when I was at a convention I picked up this clear plastic stand a guy had designed for mainly plastic airplane models, it has worked like a charm. I'll try and post a picture of it later if the OP comes back that is.

Are you sure it isn't time for a colorful metaphor?

Matthias Russell

Report this Mar. 07 2012, 6:56 am

I disagree.  The TOS Enterprise stand was much worse.  Of course, both the TOS and A stands broke for me.  I was able to repair the A stand though.

OneDamnMinuteAdmiral

Report this Mar. 07 2012, 9:32 am

What I hated is it broke in the first week and all it was doing was sitting on the stand. It amazes me sometimes the cheap crap they will sell with something Trek on it. Great model/toy crappy stand. I saw how the double braced the newer ones.

Are you sure it isn't time for a colorful metaphor?

Matthias Russell

Report this Mar. 07 2012, 11:30 am

At least they learned from their mistakes but it didn't take a genius to realize that stand was not up to the weight it was carrying.

OneDamnMinuteAdmiral

Report this Mar. 07 2012, 6:20 pm

No kidding. I wonder if the OP is gonna come back, I know how those 1 posters are. Oh well, if you want I'll post my new stand pic so you can see how I got around it.

Are you sure it isn't time for a colorful metaphor?

Matthias Russell

Report this Mar. 08 2012, 6:50 am

Yeah, that's why I like boards where members have to post so many comments or wait so many days before starting new threads.  It cuts down on deadend threads and tests whether they want to actually be part of the community or not.

I would like pics.  I like getting new ideas.

OneDamnMinuteAdmiral

Report this Mar. 10 2012, 10:56 pm

Here it is sorry I haven't gotten the hang of posting pictures yet. If I find a multicolor led light base to put under it since it is clear it could look really cool.

Are you sure it isn't time for a colorful metaphor?

Users browsing this forum: CO_Fowler