Star Trek 09

flottanna

Report this Feb. 23 2012, 2:38 pm

Now I Loved the movie. Thought it was great and the new cast nailed the chracters. But one thing I hated. Why did they have to destroy The Romulan home world? I hated that. I we ever have another series in the 24th century we don't have the planet anymore. Any thoughts?

"Please Watch Our Films" Youtube.com

OneDamnMinuteAdmiral

Report this Feb. 23 2012, 2:59 pm

Oceans rise, Remans fall, Romulans survive. I really like the explanation for the disaster in STO.

Are you sure it isn't time for a colorful metaphor?

Vger23

Report this Feb. 24 2012, 8:36 am

Trek fans sometime get far too irritated with major changes in the franchise. Change is part of real life. Sometimes planetes blow up. Sometimes people die.

That's life. Doesn't bother me at all. It's bad storytelling not to change anything. That's why Trek I, II, and III are so good, in my opinion. Turn everything on its head.

RoTrekkie

Report this Feb. 24 2012, 10:10 am

Yeah destroying Romulus from the first movie was kind of awkward. I'd say that the plot itself is the weak spot of the film.

flottanna

Report this Feb. 24 2012, 10:37 am

"Please Watch Our Films" Youtube.com

Suvak

Report this Feb. 24 2012, 1:08 pm

Nero's and Spock's presence in the alternate continuum and the sequence of significant events surrounding their presence may reduce the Romulan casualties or even eliminate any catastrophy from occuring in the alternate continuum if the Romulans are at some point made aware of the details of their prime counterpart's plite.  That is unless the significant causal changes we've observed set in motion a sequence of events that remove the possibility of such an event occuring directly.  In that case they needn't even bother worrying.

MoppyCGDaniels

Report this Feb. 24 2012, 2:03 pm

According to the new timeline when Romulus is destroyed it will happen after the events of the Dominion war when Spock Prime travels into the past, which at last Nero had alterd again.

It's alike when ST 2013 will tell a story that is for everybody understandable. This will happen again when a new tv-series is being created.

stovokor2000-A

POSTS: 2001

Report this Feb. 24 2012, 3:00 pm

Quote: MoppyCGDaniels @ Feb. 24 2012, 2:03 pm

>DS9 was the last (tv) show at the farest point into the future as it was told in ST with the 24th century.

INCORRECT

Voyager was the last (tv) show at the farest point into the future

Photobucket

MoppyCGDaniels

Report this Feb. 24 2012, 3:29 pm

Quote: stovokor2000-A @ Feb. 24 2012, 3:00 pm

Quote: MoppyCGDaniels @ Feb. 24 2012, 2:03 pm

INCORRECT

Voyager was the last (tv) show at the farest point into the future

stovokor2000-A

POSTS: 2001

Report this Feb. 24 2012, 3:44 pm

Quote: MoppyCGDaniels @ Feb. 24 2012, 3:29 pm

>That "Endgame" did happen despite the fact it was ment afterwards the Dominion war, doesn't mean it wasn't some sort of timetravel, because Janeway did travel in the future (the alternate future of TNG/DS9/VOY).

>I consider DS9 with mostly the Alpha Quadrant more canon than VOY. Even though from a chronological point of view VOY is the farest point told.

No disrespect, Voyager is an offical series.So, its not for you to consider it CANON.You may dislike it, hate it or love it, but nothing you say or feel can effect its status as a canon product.

Even with out any time traveling, Voyagers last season is set about 3 years after DS9 ended and about 3 years after the Dominion war..

DS9 season 7 took place in the year 2375

Voyagers season 7 took place in the year 2378.

And btw,the TNG film NEMISIS takes place in 2379

Photobucket

MoppyCGDaniels

Report this Feb. 24 2012, 3:52 pm

Quote: stovokor2000-A @ Feb. 24 2012, 3:44 pm

Quote: MoppyCGDaniels @ Feb. 24 2012, 3:29 pm

DS9 season 7 took place in the year 2375

Voyagers season 7 took place in the year 2378.

And btw,the TNG film NEMISIS takes place in 2379

stovokor2000-A

POSTS: 2001

Report this Feb. 24 2012, 3:58 pm

Quote: MoppyCGDaniels @ Feb. 24 2012, 3:52 pm

>I was refering to the tv-series, and events in the timeline alike the Dominion war.

and again you would still be wrong.

The Dominion war ended in the year 2375  .Voyager made it home 3 years after the Dominion war ended in the year 2378.

Maye because you didnt like Voyager you werent aware that it was airing for 3 years after DS9 ended.

Photobucket

Vger23

Report this Feb. 24 2012, 5:38 pm

Quote: flottanna @ Feb. 24 2012, 10:37 am

>Well the thing is. The planet was destroyed in the TNG timline. Thats what I hate about it. But I do not mind change.

If you don't mind change, then why do you hate the fact that the planet was destroyed in the TNG timeline.?

Sounds to me like you hate it because now it means that it's a permanent and real change to the universe that you prefer.

That to me means you're change adverse.

I AM KEE-ROCK!!

flottanna

Report this Feb. 25 2012, 5:35 pm

Quote: Vger23 @ Feb. 24 2012, 5:38 pm

Quote: flottanna @ Feb. 24 2012, 10:37 am

That to me means you're change adverse.

I just don't like that direction.

"Please Watch Our Films" Youtube.com

Vorta_the_point

Report this Feb. 25 2012, 6:55 pm

If you don't mind me asking, what is it about that direction that you do not like?