"Mr Data, may i ask you a personal question?"

xXLadyDataXx

Report this Feb. 22 2012, 12:29 pm

Suvak

Report this Feb. 22 2012, 12:50 pm

Quote: xXLadyDataXx @ Feb. 22 2012, 12:29 pm

>I don't know but I guess what ever he eats or drinks or eats gets dissolved. However now that you mention this how come you never see bathrooms or stalls in Star Trek?

Star Trek Toilets -

Data would need some form of bio-mass refinery system in order to extract the required energy from any biological mass he might consume. Any remnants would need to be discarded just as it would in a carbon based lifeform.  Scientists are current experimenting with biologically based power sources for machines.

Actually, I don't recall any specific instances of his eating anything.  He usually just feeds spot.

xXLadyDataXx

Report this Feb. 22 2012, 12:51 pm

Quote: /view_profile/ @

>There (On TNG) is one public restroom, kinda scary (I heard that on the Retrospective they did during the finale)

I don't remember I would need to see the finale episode.

Suvak

Report this Feb. 22 2012, 12:55 pm

Quote: /view_profile/ @

>maybe it is like, changed at a subatomic level or somthing into energy he can burn off or whatnot (hopefully nothing gross here)but then, could he get fat?

If Data could refine biomass into a form that could be used by his systems and such a system could store excess energy within his body, then yes, he could get fat.  How fat would depend on how the system was programmed.

Or are we supposed to be answer this as if we were Data?

Momo Spock

Report this Feb. 22 2012, 2:07 pm

I could totalally picture a obess Data

What! what is this?! *smash* - Spock

CaptainBobApril

Report this Feb. 22 2012, 8:31 pm

From the TNG episode "Déjà Q"

Q: I've never eaten before. What do I ask for?

DATA: The choice of meal is determined by individual taste.

Q: What do you like?

DATA Although I do not require sustenance, I occasionally ingest semi-organic nutrient suspension in a silicon-based liquid medium.

Q: Is it good?

DATA: It would be more accurate to say it is good for me, as it lubricates my bio-functions.

finka

Report this Feb. 23 2012, 6:46 am

This is a most disturbing question. And Data is just too innocent for.. that kind of things

Blast your theories and observations!

Evan.J.Guzman

Report this Feb. 27 2012, 11:33 am

I don't remember Data ever eating. He has drank before.