ATTENTION: The Boards will be closed permanently on May 28th, 2014. Posting will be disabled on April 28th, 2014. More Info

I'm a Vice-Admiral

Mitchz95

GROUP: Members

POSTS: 1830

Report this Mar. 14 2012, 9:38 pm

Oh, and you can create missions for other players using The Foundry. And of course you can play other people's missions by clicking the "Community Authored" tab in the mission journal.


"The future is in the hands of those who explore... And from all the beauty they discover while crossing perpetually receding frontiers, they develop for nature and for humankind an infinite love." - Jacques Yves Cousteau

FleetAdmiral_BamBam

GROUP: Members

POSTS: 46291

Report this Mar. 29 2012, 11:02 pm

Quote: Matthias Russell @ Feb. 21 2012, 8:46 pm

>I haven't played the VA borg missions.  i understand they are ridiculously hard and require a team capable of strategizing and teamwork.  My lack of this is the same reason I never beat the crystalline entity.
I did a Borg mission today, but was way over my head.  We were playing at level 44 (and I'm only a 32.)  Sadly, we weren't successful.... - it required way too much for us.


Six of Nine

GROUP: Members

POSTS: 622

Report this Mar. 30 2012, 7:41 am

Try my foundry mission, "Terra Nova." It will be coming down in two days, and will be put up again for the foundry challenge two.


As a wise man once wrote, : "Nature decays, but latinum lasts forever".

Mitchz95

GROUP: Members

POSTS: 1830

Report this Mar. 30 2012, 8:38 am

Quote: FleetAdmiral_BamBam @ Mar. 29 2012, 11:02 pm

>

>I did a Borg mission today, but was way over my head.  We were playing at level 44 (and I'm only a 32.)  Sadly, we weren't successful.... - it required way too much for us.

>


Was it an STF or a regular Borg Front mission?


"The future is in the hands of those who explore... And from all the beauty they discover while crossing perpetually receding frontiers, they develop for nature and for humankind an infinite love." - Jacques Yves Cousteau

FleetAdmiral_BamBam

GROUP: Members

POSTS: 46291

Report this Mar. 30 2012, 12:26 pm

Quote: Mitchz95 @ Mar. 30 2012, 8:38 am

Quote: FleetAdmiral_BamBam @ Mar. 29 2012, 11:02 pm

>

>

>I did a Borg mission today, but was way over my head.  We were playing at level 44 (and I'm only a 32.)  Sadly, we weren't successful.... - it required way too much for us.

>

Was it an STF or a regular Borg Front mission?

I think it was one of those Deep Space Encounters.


Mitchz95

GROUP: Members

POSTS: 1830

Report this Mar. 30 2012, 1:44 pm

Oh, a Borg Red Alert. Yeah, those can be hard sometimes. Try the one in Sirius Sector Block; I think that's the easiest one.


"The future is in the hands of those who explore... And from all the beauty they discover while crossing perpetually receding frontiers, they develop for nature and for humankind an infinite love." - Jacques Yves Cousteau

FleetAdmiral_BamBam

GROUP: Members

POSTS: 46291

Report this Mar. 30 2012, 8:50 pm

Quote: Mitchz95 @ Mar. 30 2012, 1:44 pm

>

>Oh, a Borg Red Alert. Yeah, those can be hard sometimes. Try the one in Sirius Sector Block; I think that's the easiest one.

>
I think it was in Regulus Block.  I've done the ones in Sirius before and have succeeded, but I don't think it was nearly at that level.  (But I'm not sure how the system is set up with ranks and if that makes a difference.) I don't remember it at level 44 before.


FleetAdmiral_BamBam

GROUP: Members

POSTS: 46291

Report this Mar. 30 2012, 8:51 pm

Quote: Matthias Russell @ Feb. 21 2012, 8:46 pm

>

>But as stated, the VA ships aren't THAT special.  My engineer has a saucer seperating galaxy, but I used my dreadnaught because then I can use cannons, have a cloak, and the phaser lance.  My tact officer has a cloaking defiant but I think the multi vector promethius is better.  So although I would recommend buying one of those upper tier ships for the fun and extra abilities, the ones that used to be free aren't necessarily the best of those. 
Okay - I'm curious how you got the extra ships and assigned them to your BOFFs.  Did you have to purchase them using Cryptic points?


Mitchz95

GROUP: Members

POSTS: 1830

Report this Mar. 31 2012, 3:17 pm

Quote: FleetAdmiral_BamBam @ Mar. 30 2012, 8:51 pm

>

>Okay - I'm curious how you got the extra ships and assigned them to your BOFFs.  Did you have to purchase them using Cryptic points?

>


The extra ships (Dreadnought, Saucer Seperation, Multi-Vector Assault Mode, etc) can only be obtained with Cryptic points. As for assigning them to BOFFs, Matthias was referring to alternate characters, not bridge officers.


"The future is in the hands of those who explore... And from all the beauty they discover while crossing perpetually receding frontiers, they develop for nature and for humankind an infinite love." - Jacques Yves Cousteau

Mitchz95

GROUP: Members

POSTS: 1830

Report this Apr. 02 2012, 7:34 pm

Quote: /view_profile/ @

>

>Okay - finally get through that part and have to get back to the Gateway....

>Buggy - seriously buggy.  An old D7 cruiser fires at you and destroys you in a single shot... (even though I've got full shields) and then it spawns another D7....

>


The D7s are just normal Klingon mobs reskinned to look like D7 cruisers. Just try to engage them one at a time when possible, and don't hesitate to use the 1701 as cannon fodder.


Wrong thread, BTW.


"The future is in the hands of those who explore... And from all the beauty they discover while crossing perpetually receding frontiers, they develop for nature and for humankind an infinite love." - Jacques Yves Cousteau

FleetAdmiral_BamBam

GROUP: Members

POSTS: 46291

Report this Apr. 02 2012, 7:41 pm

Quote: Mitchz95 @ Apr. 02 2012, 7:34 pm

Quote: /view_profile/ @

>

>

>Okay - finally get through that part and have to get back to the Gateway....

>Buggy - seriously buggy.  An old D7 cruiser fires at you and destroys you in a single shot... (even though I've got full shields) and then it spawns another D7....

>

The D7s are just normal Klingon mobs reskinned to look like D7 cruisers. Just try to engage them one at a time when possible, and don't hesitate to use the 1701 as cannon fodder.

Wrong thread, BTW.

Yea.. I Deleted it and moved it to the correct thread.


Mitchz95

GROUP: Members

POSTS: 1830

Report this Apr. 02 2012, 7:49 pm

Quote: FleetAdmiral_BamBam @ Apr. 02 2012, 7:41 pm

Quote: Mitchz95 @ Apr. 02 2012, 7:34 pm

>
The 1701 died in under 10 seconds.

I've got over 20 D7's swarming around me - I don't last 10 seconds - I spend longer dead than fighting.


Okay, definitely a bug. File a ticket if you can; I'll take a look tomorrow.


"The future is in the hands of those who explore... And from all the beauty they discover while crossing perpetually receding frontiers, they develop for nature and for humankind an infinite love." - Jacques Yves Cousteau

FleetAdmiral_BamBam

GROUP: Members

POSTS: 46291

Report this Apr. 02 2012, 8:22 pm

Quote: Mitchz95 @ Apr. 02 2012, 7:49 pm

Quote: FleetAdmiral_BamBam @ Apr. 02 2012, 7:41 pm

Quote: Mitchz95 @ Apr. 02 2012, 7:34 pm

>

>
The 1701 died in under 10 seconds.

I've got over 20 D7's swarming around me - I don't last 10 seconds - I spend longer dead than fighting.

Okay, definitely a bug. File a ticket if you can; I'll take a look tomorrow.

Already did.... now I've got about 50 D7's....


FleetAdmiral_BamBam

GROUP: Members

POSTS: 46291

Report this Apr. 11 2012, 1:26 pm

Okay - I'm now a VADM (and I feel like I'm just starting to learn what's going on.)


 


I think we get promoted way too quickly - the /played command tells me it only took me 11 days to get to VADM (and much of that was at the Academy, the Multiphasic Events and in the Exchange (I'm probably part Ferengi!)


 


And now I can't increase my skills..... And I've got way too many BOff skill points that I can't use...

Mitchz95

GROUP: Members

POSTS: 1830

Report this Apr. 11 2012, 7:04 pm

Okay - I'm now a VADM (and I feel like I'm just starting to learn what's going on.)


What's "VADM" stand for? Is is "Vice Admiral" something something?


I think we get promoted way too quickly - the /played command tells me it only took me 11 days to get to VADM (and much of that was at the Academy, the Multiphasic Events and in the Exchange (I'm probably part Ferengi!)


Agreed. It's always been relatively fast, but they really sped it up with F2P. I think they want people to get to maximum rank before they run out of storyline missions, so it looks like STO has tons of endgame content.


And now I can't increase my skills..... And I've got way too many BOff skill points that I can't use...


You can respec at ESD if you want to change your skills.


Boff skillpoints are useful. If you want to get a new batch of officers, you can rank them up quickly if need be. And also if you get new abilities for your old boffs.


"The future is in the hands of those who explore... And from all the beauty they discover while crossing perpetually receding frontiers, they develop for nature and for humankind an infinite love." - Jacques Yves Cousteau

Forum Permissions

You cannot post new topics in this forum

You cannot reply to topics in this forum

You cannot delete posts in this forum