"the Squire of Gothos" ......Trelane , could he be Q?

stovokor2000-A

POSTS: 2001

Report this Feb. 17 2012, 5:06 pm

the powers , his view on humans,they all say Q to me.

stovokor2000-A

POSTS: 2001

Report this Feb. 17 2012, 5:17 pm

Quote: /view_profile/ @

>But didn't Trelane have some kind of machine to boost his power hidden in the wall of his castle? No Q needs such a thing. Even the young female Q in The Next Generation didn't need machines.

true, but the machine seem to be more gto "focusd" his powers.

I can see ewhere a young, untrained Q might use/need such a devise

Photobucket

stovokor2000-A

POSTS: 2001

Report this Feb. 17 2012, 5:40 pm

Quote: /view_profile/ @

>All Q had to do in Next Generation was show the girl how to use her powers. She focused her power on her own, again, without mechanical help. And she didn't even know at first she was a Q.

And my daughter learned to ride her bike with out ever useing training wheels.

I dont see why your compairing both.Q showed her how to use her powers, maybe she was older........and its not like she tried to do as much as Trelane did

Maybe Trelane was much younger, maybe he was neglected and never taught to use his powers.Maybe he was tring to do far too much.

Photobucket

stovokor2000-A

POSTS: 2001

Report this Feb. 18 2012, 12:09 pm

Quote: /view_profile/ @

>For all we can perceive of Trelane, he and his parents may have been related to the Organians or even the Thasians, both of whom seemed non-corporeal and had power of transmutation.

I guess thats resonable as well

Photobucket

tribblenator999

Report this Feb. 18 2012, 12:40 pm

stovokor2000-A

POSTS: 2001

Report this Feb. 18 2012, 1:16 pm

Quote: tribblenator999 @ Feb. 18 2012, 12:40 pm

>It's been established that trelane is a Q. Or maybe a different variation of a Q.

sorry, I like the idea, but no such thing has been established.

there was a novel on the issue, but novels arent canon, so its not established.

Photobucket

CaptainBobApril

Report this Feb. 22 2012, 8:56 pm

"Q Squared", by Peter David.

Photobucket

finka

Report this Feb. 23 2012, 6:28 am

This is such an interesting concept! Trelane had some features really typical for Q.. No wonder there are non-canon stories about it!

Blast your theories and observations!

guillermo.mejía

Report this Feb. 23 2012, 6:42 am

TOS had too many "omnipotent" beings to assume that the only relation Trelane could have is with the Q. Trelane also had a bit of ENT Organian in him, with how he seemed to hold little value on lesser beings.

I always saw the mirror device Trelane used as a Wild Goose Chase, as its destruction didn't really seem to slow him down at all. Maybe he's smarter than we think abd he was just testing them. Then again, the fact that he was looking at Earth's past because of the speed light travels seems to be a mistake no Q would make.

Evan.J.Guzman

Report this Feb. 23 2012, 8:51 am

I think Q is much more powerful then Trelane. I thought they were almost the same, but as I saw Squire of Gothos again, I know that Trelane can manipulate matter to some degree while Q can manipulate life itself. Q continuem can re write time, create an alternate universe in actuality or even in someone's own mind as Q did with Picard. I think a more accurate comparison(in my humble opinion) would be between Q and the Metrones from Star Trek TOS: Arena

stovokor2000-A

POSTS: 2001

Report this Feb. 23 2012, 12:03 pm

Quote: guillermo.mejía @ Feb. 23 2012, 6:42 am

> Then again, the fact that he was looking at Earth's past because of the speed light travels seems to be a mistake no Q would make.

seems to me like the type of mistake a very young/untrained Q might make

Photobucket

guillermo.mejía

Report this Feb. 23 2012, 12:31 pm

Quote: stovokor2000-A @ Feb. 23 2012, 12:03 pm

Quote: guillermo.mejía @ Feb. 23 2012, 6:42 am

seems to me like the type of mistake a very young/untrained Q might make

I suppose. Q Jr. made some mistakes as well.

Plus Trelane seems to have that same winsical attitude Q had. But didn't he feel pain when Kirk struck him?

stovokor2000-A

POSTS: 2001

Report this Feb. 23 2012, 12:57 pm

Quote: guillermo.mejía @ Feb. 23 2012, 12:31 pm

> But didn't he feel pain when Kirk struck him?

I always thought it was more shock then pain

Photobucket

miklamar

Report this Feb. 23 2012, 12:57 pm

I don't think Trelane was a Q, but he was probably a similar being.