Who is mad at me and others for spamming?

W. T. Riker

Report this Feb. 16 2012, 6:49 pm

Dear all fellow trekkies,

myself and others have recently taken to spamming the site in order to increse our rank. I fully admit to this, and as one of the spammers, I truly apologize to all of you, especially FleetAdmiral_BamBam, thebungalowbill, and Reedworftripparis. I am sorry, and it will not happen again. If you believe i have spammed after this apology, please let me know through this page, and I will then delete the offensive material.

---W. T. Riker

The universe can giggle all it wants, but it's not gettin' any of our bourbon!

OneDamnMinuteAdmiral

Report this Feb. 16 2012, 7:47 pm

Are you sure it isn't time for a colorful metaphor?

the bungalo bill

Report this Feb. 16 2012, 7:52 pm

[101]

Report this Feb. 16 2012, 10:01 pm

It's just a post count on an internet forum.  It's not like it's something important like bacon or beer.

W. T. Riker

Report this Feb. 17 2012, 4:19 am

Quote: the bungalo bill @ Feb. 16 2012, 7:52 pm

>It's good you can accept a mistake and apologize, unlike your "colleague" Kirk wanna-be

i don't mean to start another argument, but myself and capt. krirk wanabe Really are friends. we go to the same college

The universe can giggle all it wants, but it's not gettin' any of our bourbon!

W. T. Riker

Report this Feb. 17 2012, 5:26 am

Quote: OneDamnMinuteAdmiral @ Feb. 16 2012, 7:47 pm

>I think you are taking rank too seriously if that's why you are posting so many new topics.

i admit to that, most of the topics I posted were designed to increase my rank, but I hoped they would not be quite as obvious as my friend's...

i guess we did take  it a little too seriously. sorry!

(by the way, note i said "most at the beginning of my post. some of them were actually real topics, IE Data Vs the Doctor, Holograms vs androids, how would a phaser work in real life, etc.

The universe can giggle all it wants, but it's not gettin' any of our bourbon!

Vger23

Report this Feb. 17 2012, 5:29 am

It's official...I'm going to shoot myself this morning.

W. T. Riker

Report this Feb. 17 2012, 5:30 am

Quote: Vger23 @ Feb. 17 2012, 5:29 am

>It's official...I'm going to shoot myself this morning.

ummm... why???

The universe can giggle all it wants, but it's not gettin' any of our bourbon!

Matthias Russell

Report this Feb. 17 2012, 6:32 am

Repent!  And spam no more.

Matthias Russell

Report this Feb. 17 2012, 6:32 am

oh, and don't invoke the wrath of Vger.

W. T. Riker

Report this Feb. 17 2012, 6:38 am

Quote: Matthias Russell @ Feb. 17 2012, 6:32 am

>Repent!  And spam no more.

umm, isn't this board kind of repentance? i just issued a formal apology to all. and i wont invoke the wrath of Vger.

The universe can giggle all it wants, but it's not gettin' any of our bourbon!

Mitchz95

Report this Feb. 17 2012, 6:44 am

I didn't really notice you spamming per say...just lots of double/triple/quadruple posting when you could've just crammed it all onto one post.

But apology accepted. And don't worry about rank; I don't even think it does anything.

W. T. Riker

Report this Feb. 17 2012, 6:55 am

Quote: Mitchz95 @ Feb. 17 2012, 6:44 am

>I didn't really notice you spamming per say...just lots of double/triple/quadruple posting when you could've just crammed it all onto one post

i hadn't thought of that. sometimes i think of something after ii post thogh, but ill do that next time

The universe can giggle all it wants, but it's not gettin' any of our bourbon!

W. T. Riker

Report this Feb. 17 2012, 8:59 am

Quote: /view_profile/ @

>It was a bit much, and made me not want to come here for a couple days. I wasn't impressed with it as someone new here, I bet people who have been here for a long time may have been annoyed. Thank you for coming to your senses, apology accepted.

thank you.

The universe can giggle all it wants, but it's not gettin' any of our bourbon!

Reedworftripparis

Report this Feb. 17 2012, 9:40 am

It was definitely too much. And it was making me not want to post anything as well.

But apology accepted and I will let you know if you go overboard again. The ranks really are nothing, This is just a place for Star Trek fans to talk about something that they love. We value each others opinions. And like to talk about it with others that share the same passion for something we all truly love.

Again, thank you for apologizing.

"Reed Alert, that's not bad"...Malcolm Reed